HCP (HCP) Stocks
📊 HCP, Inc. (formerly Healthcare Property Investors Inc.), an American real estate investment trust (REIT), was incorporated on March 21, 1985 and has its headquarters in Irvine, California. The company primarily invests in real estate serving the U.S. healthcare industry.
📊 As of the end of December 2016, the company managed – or had interests in – 15 hospitals and 61 care homes in the United Kingdom, as well as five post-acute/skilled nursing facilities (SNFs). Private and third-party sources such as Medicare and Medicaid insurance programs, pay for services provided by its tenants and operators in hospitals.
📊 Its hospital property type portfolio comprises acute care, long-term acute care and rehabilitation hospitals. Its care homes provide various levels of services, comprising personal care and nursing care. SNFs also provide rehabilitative, restorative and custodial nursing care.
📊 HCP, Inc. raised US$90 million at $20 per share during its IPO on May 30, 1985. The company’s original portfolio was comprised of 24 skilled nursing facilities and hospitals operated by National Medical Enterprises.
📊 HCP’s investment strategy to maintaining profitable growth is based on three principles: opportunistic investing, portfolio diversification and conservative financing.Today, the company employs approximately 190 people.
You might also like: HASBRO STOCKS
HISTORY OF HCP
- HCP, Inc. conducts its operations through four primary segments: Senior Housing Triple-net (SH NNN), Senior Housing Operating Portfolio (SHOP), Life Science and Medical Office. The Senior Housing segment includes independent living facilities (ILFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), memory care facilities (MCFs), continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) as well as care homes.
- Additional programs and services include transportation, social activities, exercise and fitness programs as well as hobby and craft activities, to name but a few.
- The MCF segment focuses on the challenges of its residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Residents can choose to live in semi-private apartments or private rooms, and have access to structured activities provided by appropriately trained staff members.
- CCRCs provide various levels of assistance such as independent living, assisted living and nursing-home care. It operates through written agreements or long-term contracts between residents and the communities.
- Life Science properties comprise laboratory and office space for biotechnology, medical device and pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, scientific research institutions and other organizations engaged in the life science industry.
- These properties are configured in business parks or campus settings and comprise multiple buildings. Medical office buildings contain physician’s offices and examination rooms, as well as pharmacies, hospital ancillary service space and outpatient services.
VISION & VALUES OF HCP
- HCP, Inc. focuses on operations with market insights that deliver more than just capital. The company values its relationships with employees, healthcare operators and other partners.
- The company believes that diversity, equality and inclusion are critical to its continuous growth. It is fully committed to promoting workforce diversity and providing equal opportunities to all its employees.
- HCP, Inc. further values qualities such as honesty, integrity and accountability as they foster trust and add value for shareholders who purchase financial shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HCP
- HCP Inc.trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HCP”.
- The company is an S&P 500 component.Its steady performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
- At the end of June 2019, HCP registered total revenue of US$491.567 million and gross profit of US$276.237 million.
You might also like: HARLEY-DAVIDSON STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HCP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HCP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HCP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HCP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HCP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HCP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HANESBRANDS STOCKS