HUDBAY MINERALS (HBM) Stocks
ABOUT HUDBAY MINERALS
📊 Hudbay Minerals Inc. is a mining company. Its portfolio offers a variety of metals such as copper concentrate (it contains gold, copper and silver), zinc metal and molybdenum concentrate.
📊 Hudbay discovers, finances, builds, owns and operates several mines, including one zinc production facility, four ore concentrators and three polymetallic mines across Canada and Peru as well as copper projects in Nevada and Arizona.
📊 Hudbay Minerals Inc. employs approximately 2 200 people and is headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
HISTORY OF HUDBAY MINERALS
- In 1927 the Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Co. is founded by Cornelius Vanderbilt Whitney.
- The company takes over the Flin Flon property interests.
- By 1930 the company operates a mine, railroad and hydroelectric dam. OntZinc Corporation buys Hudson Bay Mining and Smelting Co from Anglo American PLC for a price of C$ 143.8 million. It is purchased with funds from an initial public offering.
- The company’s name is changed to Hudbay Minerals Inc. the same year.
- In 2008 Hudbay relocates from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Toronto. Hudbay starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange in 2011. In 2014 it buys Augusta Resource Corporation and also adds Augusta’s Rosemont Project to its portfolio.
- The company steadily grows and by 2017 it produces 34,731 tons of copper, 30,570 tons of zinc and 20,723 ounces of gold.
- In 2018 the company buys Ann Mason operations in northern Nevada.
VISION & VALUES OF HUDBAY MINERALS
Hudbay Minerals Inc. values are to build positive and strong relationships with its customers and communities.
The company also values expertise, commitment and responsibility. Its aims to operate long-life and low-cost mines across America. Opportunities are created to provide long term value and high earnings to its shareholders and customers. People are treated with respect and dignity.
Hudbay operates responsibly and with sustainability.
It follows its Environmental, Health and Safety Policy and improves its environmental performance by creating new targets.
Hudbay’s goal is to contribute to a sustainable, safe and healthy future for its employees, communities and the rest of the world.
The company enters partnerships and contribute to organizations and initiatives that supports education, health care, infrastructure development, local employment and environmental stewardship.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HUDBAY MINERALS
Hudbay Minerals Inc. trades on the New York stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “HBM”.
Data analysis for the company’s three months ending June 30, 2019 reports a revenue of $ 329,414 thousand. Gross profit is $ 43,143 thousand. Assets are $ 754,365 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents are $ 489,527 thousand.
For the six months ending June 30, 2019 the company reports dividends of $ 1,955 thousand. Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the period are $ 489,527 thousand.