HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES (HBAN) Stocks
ABOUT HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES
📊 Huntington Bancshares Incorporated (Huntington), an American bank holding company, was incorporated on April 14, 1966 and has its headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. The company – through The Huntington National Bank – offers commercial and consumer banking services, mortgage banking, vehicle financing, equipment leasing, investment managements, trust service, brokerage services, insurance programs and other financial products.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to the founding of the P.W. Huntington & Company in 1866. The latter was incorporated in 1905 as The Huntington National Bank of Columbus. It grew exponentially through acquisitions and, in 1966 Huntington Bancshares Incorporated was established as a bank holding company.
📊 The company ranks #610 on the Fortune 500 and is one of the biggest banks in the U.S. The Huntington National bank operates about 920 banks in the Midwest: 459 in Ohio, 290 in Michigan, 51 in Pennsylvania, 45 in Indiana, 35 in Illinois, 29 in West Virginia and 10 in Kentucky. It is the second-largest originator of small-business administration loans.
📊 Apart from loans, the company also offers demand non-interest and interest-bearing deposits, market deposits, savings and core certificates of deposits. At the end of 2016, the bank’s total deposits were US$76.9 million and its total loans amounted to US$67 billion. Its total securities available for sale amounted to US$3112.8 million.
📊 Today, the company employs more than 14 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: HOST HOTELS & RESORTS STOCKS
HISTORY OF HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated conducts its operations through various segments: Consumer and Business Banking, Commercial Banking Commercial Real Estate and Vehicle Finance, Regional Banking and The Huntington Private Client Group, and Home Lending as well as Treasury/Other.
- The bank’s primary sources of funding are retail and commercial core deposits. The Consumer and Business Banking segment offer products and services such as checking accounts, saving accounts, money market accounts, certificates of deposits and consumer loans, to name but a few.
- The Commercial Banking segment comprises seven business units: middle market, large corporate, specialty banking, asset finance, capital markets, treasury management and insurance.
- The Regional Banking and The Huntington Private Client Group operates through the Huntington Private Bank and offers private banking, wealth and investment management and retirement-plan services. This subsidiary offers wealth management and legacy planning services to high net-worth customers.
- The Home Lending segment focuses on consumer loans and mortgages for customers in primary banking markets.
- The Treasury/Other segment comprise the company’s technology and other operations such as investment securities and bank-owned life insurance.
VISION & VALUES OF HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES
- Huntington Bancshares conducts its daily operations through a business model that is founded on core values which stimulate growth and add value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These values include, amongst others, accountability as the company holds itself and its employees responsible for doing the right thing every time. It believes in open communication and always demonstrates a willingness to listen.
- Passion and teamwork are crucial ingredients of the company’s success.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES
- Huntington Bancshares Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “HBAN”.
- In 2018 the company recorded record net income for the fourth consecutive year, earning US$1.4 billion – a 17% increase over the 2017 fiscal cycle. Earnings per common share were $1.20 which is a 20% increase year over year. Its profitability ratios were also among the best in the sector.
- This sound performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: HORMEL FOODS STOCKS
LATEST NEWS HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy HUNTINGTON BANCSHARES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : HOLOGIC STOCKS