ABOUT IMPALA PLATINUM
📊 Impala Platinum was established in the 1960s following a successful drilling and exploration operation north of Rustenburg in South Africa that achieved an annual of 100 000 ounces of platinum. This mine went on to become part of Impala Platinum operating under the Implats Group.
📊 Legislation passed in the USA in the 1970s to limit vehicle emissions was shortly followed globally, broadening the platinum market extensively for use in auto catalytic converters, with Impala securing supply contracts with General Motors and Chrysler in 1972.
📊 Impala next secured a hefty supply contract for General Motors from 1974 to 1983, and by the 1990s Impala had grown to become the second largest platinum producer in the world.
📊 Impala was listed as a subsidiary of Bishopsgate Platinum Limited on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in 1973, the listing later converted to Impala Platinum Holdings Limited (Implats). The group currently trades on the JSE under the stock symbol –IMP with a market cap of over R40 billion.
📊 The company holds a lengthy BEE history through its negotiations with the Royal Bafokeng Nation (RBN) with whom it reached a settlement in 1999 over mineral rights and royalties of a substantial portion of Impala’s mining area. Today, the RBN owns a 13.4% portfolio holding in Impala Platinum.
📊 The group’s sustainability policy is committed to promoting sustainable social and economic transformation through constructive collaboration with its stakeholders. To this end the group works with its partners in business, the government, labour and local communities to build an inclusive economy that provides opportunities for social mobility, facilitated by equitable access to jobs, education and health.
You might also like: MTN SHARES
IMPALA PLATINUM PERFORMANCE
- Despite a number of setbacks, Impala Platinum has recorded historical levels of production, adding significant value to its portfolio. The company increased its milled tones of platinum by 15% to 18.5 million tones, while its refined platinum production grew by 12.7% to 1.4 million tones. The operations head grade was maintained at 3.48g/t, and its platinum in matte production increased by 52.5% to 289 800 ounces. These impressive growth drivers have served to boost its share price on the JSE, making them a strong buy for those who choose to purchase them.
- Impala’s growth strategy focuses on refining its operations at the Rustenburg mine in order to establish more concentrated operations with enhanced safety aspects. This will focus especially on maintaining its target of zero fatalities while ramping up production at its Zimplats and Mupfuti mining operations as well.
- The group’s business model is pillared on a number of vital inputs, consisting namely of its human value, financial management, manufacturing capacity, its social relationship with local communities, and its intellectual knowledge and procedures. In this way the group works to achieve its strategic business objectives of operational excellence, cash conservation, future optionality and the maintenance of its social license in order to continue its operations.
IMPALA PLATINUM INVESTOR TIPS
- In recent years Impala Platinum’s financial data has recorded an increase in revenue of up to R3.45 billion, upping its share price for higher dividend yields.
- The group also benefited from a weakening rand despite a drop in dollar metal prices, while its high levels of production continued to maintain its growth forecasts.
- While the live online stock charts indicate a recent decline in Impala’s current share price, the growth projected from its investments and increased production on its mines are set to make this a good long-term buy for investors in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: MR PRICE SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy IMPALA PLATINUM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN IMPALA PLATINUM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE IMPALA PLATINUM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of IMPALA PLATINUM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy IMPALA PLATINUM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MOTUS SHARES