IMPERIAL HOLDINGS (IPL) Shares
ABOUT IMPERIAL HOLDINGS
📊 Imperial Holdings is a global group of companies that provides a number of services including the logistics and vehicle value chains, the distribution of consumer and pharmaceutical goods, industrial contract logistics, bulk and container terminal operations, and warehousing and contract manufacturing for the chemical industry.
📊 Imperial itself imports 16 automotive and industrial vehicle brands, which are sold through several dealerships across South Africa as well as in a number of African countries and Australia.
📊 First established in South Africa in 1948, today the company owns a massive high-value global logistics portfolio, employing more than 50 000 people across 31 countries with a reported revenue of R110 billion in 2015 alone.
📊 The company trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol –IPL with a market cap of over R12 billion.
You might also like: IMPALA PLATINUM SHARES
IMPERIAL HOLDINGS PERFORMANCE
- Financial data has reflected overall growth for Imperial amidst troubling economic conditions, and as such Imperial Holdings maintains its reputation as South Africa’s top provider of logistical solutions.
- The group recorded an operating profit up to R6.2 billion in 2015 alone, and a number of product developments have helped to bolster its growth forecast, particularly the relaunch of the Placecol skin care range, one of the most popular skin care brands in South Africa.
- Imperial has also recorded positive growth elsewhere, with an 89% increase in Africa due to regional pharmaceutical acquisitions. Added to this, the group’s international revenue increased to 41% of group revenue and 22% of operating profit.
- Imperial has identified six sustainable development priorities, which are to improve integrated and customized services by enhancing its competitive advantage through digitization and supplier assessment; develop effective leadership and empower its people by investing in human capital management; ensure stakeholder health and safety; maintain ethical business practices with regulatory compliance guarding against corruption; being locally relevant in its operational markets by elevating the transformation process in South Africa; and lastly, minimizing its environmental footprint by ensuring environmental compliance and awareness.
- In this way the company works to create value through a number of its inputs. Its financial capital is directed by direct access to equity and debt capital markets to attract funding from investors, while its cash generative ability provides Imperial with liquidity to fund working capital in balance with its stated dividend pay-out guidance. Added to this, Imperial works to maintain the quality of its relationships with all stakeholders, with particular focus on clients and customers in the markets where it operates. To this end, the company’s relationships with regulators, governments and communities across its broad geographic operational range continue to secure its relevance and its market reputation.
- The group is set to bounce back from the economic downturn thanks to its operational efficiencies and its solid position as a leader in the logistics markets in South Africa, while its solid international portfolio works to mitigate economic volatility. With growth expected in the near to medium term, Imperial’s share price is set to provide good dividends going forward, making Imperial shares a sound long-term purchase for investors who choose to buy them on the JSE.
IMPERIAL HOLDINGS INVESTOR TIPS
- The live online stock charts show that Imperial shares are a strong buy, its share price boosted by its diversified operations and international revenue, while its global presence protects it from domestic market volatility and a weak rand.
- Analyst forecasts show Imperial’s share price continuing its growth trajectory, making it a solid long-term buy in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: MTN SHARES
Buy IMPERIAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase IMPERIAL HOLDINGS Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy IMPERIAL HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN IMPERIAL HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE IMPERIAL HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of IMPERIAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy IMPERIAL HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MR PRICE SHARES