INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES (IPG) Stocks
ABOUT INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
📊 Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. specializes in digital marketing, consumer advertising, public relations, media buying, communications planning and specialty marketing. The company provides custom marketing portfolios for major companies around the globe.
📊 These portfolios help customers to build brands, gain market share and escalate sales, whether it is for a single location or combined programs across the globe, long-term or short. The company’s major brands include Foote, Cone & Belding, Jack Morton Worldwide, MAGNA, Momentum, Octagon, McCann and Craft, just to name a few.
📊 Constituency Management Group (CMG) and Integrated Agency Networks (IAN) are the two divisions from which Interpublic Group operates. The company also owns various specialized communication assets across the globe.
📊 Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. is headquartered in New York City. The company employs approximately 54 000 people in its offices across more than 100 countries.
You might also like: INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS & FRAGRANCES STOCKS
HISTORY OF INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- The company is founded in October 1930 with the merger of Erickson Co. and H.K. McCann Co. It is named McCann-Erickson and is the largest agency in its field at the time.
- The company is reorganized into four segments in 1960. These segments are McCann-Ericson Corp. (international), McCann-Marschalk, McCann-Erickson Advertising (United States) and Communications Affiliates (various communication agencies). The company is renamed Interpublic Group in 1961. McCann-Erickson is now its subsidiary and it starts the first marketing services management holding company.
- In 1973 the McCann-Erickson national and international is combined as a single company under Interpublic Group. Interpublic Group of Companies buys Deutsch, Inc. as an independent business in 2000.
- In 2001 Foote, Cone & Belding’s holding company, True North Communications, is purchased by Interpublic Group. The business transaction expands the company’s portfolio impressively. In 2018 the company states that it would buy Acxiom’s Marketing Solutions business for a price of $2.3 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. strives to provide customers with sustainable marketing solutions and to minimize its environmental footprint. Innovation is valued at the company and seen as long-term growth strategy. The company sees sustainability as a growth opportunity that motivates innovation and significance.
- Interpublic Group is committed to conserve energy and water, introduces recycling programs, engaging in green building practices and travels more efficiently. Interpublic Group saves $5.5 million since 2007 due to furniture recycling.
- Since 2008 it reduces 70 percent of its power consumption in its IT operation businesses.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
- Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “IPG”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of $2,520.2 million. Total assets are $16,526.9 million. Total operating expenses are $2,256.0 million. Operating income is $264.2 million and net income is $172.8 million.
- Total comprehensive income for the reported period is $184.9 million. Cash and cash equivalents are $614.0 million. Dividends paid on its common stock are $181.4 million.
You might also like: INCYTE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COMPANIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : IHS MARKIT STOCKS