ABOUT INTU PROPERTIES
📊 Intu Properties is one of the largest REITs in the UK with a high-value property portfolio that primarily encompasses the management and development of shopping centres, including 6 regional shopping centres and 10 urban shopping centres in the UK, plus three of the top shopping centres in Spain. In 2015 this impressive portfolio reflected an asset value of 9.6 billion Pounds, with the company’s retail destinations attracting approximately 400 million customers per year.
📊 The group has recorded continual high growth, with financial data reflecting profits of 518 pounds in 2015 alone, and a net rental income increase of 8% and a 7% share return. As such, Intu is one of the largest primary property listings on the London Stock Exchange, and its secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) has historically maintained a strong performance of its share price.
📊 Intu shares are available for South African investors to purchase under the stock symbol –ITU, where it trades with a market cap of over R22 billion.
📊 Intu Properties property assets are underpinned by its strong business model, which incorporates quality retail centres frequented by half of the UK’s population annually, its capital structure which provides a range of funding sources, and its brand reputation of providing a differentiated retail experience for its customers.
You might also like: IMPERIAL HOLDINGS SHARES
INTU PROPERTIES PERFORMANCE
- Intu Properties strong performance has been pillared on both its sound asset management as well as the strategic diversification of its existing portfolio. The group works to optimize its asset performance while expanding its market presence both in the UK and Spain. The company’s three Spanish locations have already delivered good returns amidst a number of planned new developments.
- The company’s board understands the importance of maintaining its reputation in the market by continually improving its existing locations through a number of expansions and redevelopments, while its market insight allows it to take advantage of the timing in placing mature properties up for sale.
- So far, this growth strategy has brought long-term returns from its lucrative income streams and its capital appreciation, with the signing of 261 long-term rentals adding value of 46 billion Pounds amidst increasing rental occupancies and retail sales.
- Adding to this, the company has expanded its marketing efforts, growing its marketing presence online while embarking on a number of popular events with globally-recognized brands Mastercard and 20th Century Fox.
- As a result, Intu Properties shares have provided strong dividends for those who choose to buy them on the JSE.
INTU PROPERTIES INVESTOR TIPS
- While the live online stock charts show a recent decrease in Intu’s share price, the improving conditions in the UK economy have prompted analyst forecasts to show a steady increase in the share price, making this a shrewd long-term buy in 2019 and beyond as the retail environment in the UK shows improving demand.
- A restructuring Brexit economy will show a shortfall in the near term but with the inevitable upswing in demand Intu shares will begin to deliver.
- The UK economy has shown positive GDP growth with an increase in consumer confidence and non-food sales. As a result, subsequent growing demand to buy into Intu’s centers will be bolstered by limited valuable retail space.
- Added to this, the company’s enhanced market presence in Spain will work to mitigate temporary economic downswings elsewhere. Today, Intu Properties shares are an international buy that remains safe from domestic volatility in the property market.
You might also like: IMPALA PLATINUM SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy INTU PROPERTIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN INTU PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE INTU PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of INTU PROPERTIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy INTU PROPERTIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MTN SHARES