J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES (JBHT) Stocks
ABOUT J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES
📊 J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. is a North American transportation and trucking holding company. J.B. Hunt’s portfolio includes safe and reliable transportation services throughout the United States, Mexico and Canada. It offers capacity-oriented solutions with containerizable freights. The company mainly operates large trucks and trailers.
📊 The company has four segments from which it operates. The Integrated Capacity Solutions divisions offers traditional transportation and freight brokerage solutions through third-party carriers. The company’s Truck division offers full-load freight, using tractors to operate and crossroads and highways.
📊 The Dedicated Contract Services offers private fleet conversion and the Intermodal division handles all intermodal freight solutions.
📊 J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. is headquartered in Lowell, Arkansas.
📊 It employs almost 24 700 people. J.B. Hunts’ fleet consists of more than 12 000 trucks and it has more than 100 000 containers and trailers.
📊 J.B. Hunt is a Fortune 500 company, an S&P 500 as well as a Dow Jones Transportation Average component.
HISTORY OF J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services is founded by Johnnie Bryan Hunt in August 1961 with five trucks and seven refrigeration trailers.
- The company is incorporated that same year in Arkansas. By the early 1980’s the company has expanded its truck fleet size to 80 and its revenue exceeds $63 million.
- J.B. Hunt has its initial public offering in 1983.
- A few years later the company enters agreements with railroads and offers intermodal services.
- More than half of the company’s profits and revenue today comes from its intermodal services.
VISION & VALUES OF J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. is committed to sustainability and its goal is to have an energy efficient fleet. This ensures that merchandise is moved more efficiently and responsibly, energy is saved, fuels costs are lowered, and prices are better. In order to do this, the company is constantly improving and updating maintenance.
- Trucks are equipped with low resistance tires, directly fired cabin heaters, automated manuals, speed governing and renewable technology. The company buys solar powered tracking units for asset vehicles. J.B. Hunt invests in renewable technology solutions. Some trucks are replaced with Tesla electric trucks which leads to cleaner emissions.
- J.B. Hunt has received a United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Smartway Excellence Award every year since 2008 for its commitment to energy conservation and minimizing overall carbon emissions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF J.B. HUNT TRANSPORT SERVICES
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “JBHT”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ended June 30, 2019 reports total assets of $ 5,420,739 thousand.
- Operating revenues, excluding fuel surcharge revenues, are $ 1,996,266 thousand. Total operating revenues are $ 2,261,647 thousand and operating income is $ 193,093 thousand.
- Net earnings are $ 133,633 thousand. Dividends declared are $ 0.26 per common share. Potential investors can now buy shares at affordable prices.