JELD-WEN (JELD) Stocks
📊 JELD-WEN Holding, Inc., a door- and window manufacturing company, was founded in 1960 and has its headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina in the United States.
📊 The company designs, manufactures and distributes interior- and exterior doors; wood, vinyl and aluminium windows; wall systems, shower enclosures, closet systems and related items used in the construction, and offers services such as the repair and remodelling of residential homes and non-residential buildings.
📊 The company’s predecessor, Morgan Manufacturing, in Oskosh, Wisconsin, was shut down in 2009. JELD-WEN’s history can be traced back to 1960 when Richard “Dick” Wendt and four business partners bought a millwork plant in Oregon. At first, the company’s operations focused on supporting its millwork business, but later materials such as fibre, aluminium, steel and vinyl were added to its product portfolio.
📊 JELD-WEN continued to diversify throughout the 1990s by adding more services and products to its portfolio and expanding to new countries and continents.
📊 At the end of 1997, the company ranked #119 on the Forbes list of the nation’s top 500 privately owned companies with total revenue estimated at US$ 1.39 billion.
📊 Today, the company employs more than 21 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF JELD-WEN
- JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. conducts its operations through three segments: North America, Europe and Australasia.
- Apart from the JELD-WEN brand, the company also markets its products under a number of regional brands, such as DANA and Swedoor in Europe, and Corinthian, Trend and Stegbar in Australia. Other brands include AuraLast, Extira, Karona, Aurora, Aneeta, Breezway, Dooria, DANA, A&L and Regency, to name but a few.
- The company operates about 110 manufacturing facilities in 20 countries. It offers an extensive portfolio of interior and exterior doors, windows and related products manufactured from metal, wood and composite materials.
- JELD-WEN manufactures vinyl and aluminium windows in North America, wood windows in the U.K., and wood and aluminium windows in Australia.
- JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. distributes its products through wholesalers, retailer and directly to consumers and construction wholesalers.
- The company derives about 60% of its revenue from sales in North America.
VISION & VALUES OF JELD-WEN
JELD-WEN’s products and services afford its employees the opportunity to enter people’s homes and workplaces.
It’s a privilege but also a great responsibility to ensure that its products enrich the lives they touch. JELD-WEN strives to improve every day and tirelessly pursues excellence.
This dedication advances the industry and delivers value or employees, clients, partners and shareholders who purchase company shares.
This vision of excellence is the standard against which the company measures its choices and actions.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF JELD-WEN
- JELD-WEN Holding, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “JELD”. The company is a Russel 2000 component.
- For the second quarter fiscal 2019, the company recorded net revenue of US$ 1.119 billion, net income of $ 22.4 million and adjusted EBITDA of US$ 127.6 million.
- This performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of satisfactory dividends and returns.