JOHNSON & JOHNSON (JNJ) Stocks
ABOUT JOHNSON & JOHNSON
📊 Johnson & Johnson, a global medical devices, pharmaceutical and consumer packaged-goods manufacturing company, was founded in 1886 and has its headquarters in New Brunswick, New Jersey, in the United States. Its consumer division is located in Skillman, New Jersey.
📊Johnson & Johnson has more than 250 subsidiaries and operates in 60 countries. Its products are distributed to more than 175 countries.
📊 Most of the company’s brands are household names – mostly its medications and first-aid supplies. These include products such as the Band-Aid bandages line, Tylenol medications, Johnson’s baby products, Clean & Clear facial wash, Neutrogena skin and beauty products and Acuvue contact lenses.
📊 Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly based health-care company in the world, and ranked #37 on the 2018 Fortune 500 lists of the biggest U.S. corporations by total revenue. Since its founding more than 130 years ago, the company has been at the forefront of developing innovative products that have transformed human health and well-being.
📊 As a pioneer in medical devices, the company continually strives to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health systems costs and drive value for its customers. The company is collaborating with science and technology leaders to add their own expertise to surgery, orthopaedics, vision and interventional solutions to design and deliver cutting-edge physician and patient-centric products.
📊 Today, Johnson & Johnson employs approximately 134 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- The so-called Johnson & Johnsons family of companies comprises of three major divisions, namely Consumer Healthcare, Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals.
- The Consumer Healthcare segment comprises of Baby Care, Skin & Hair Care, Wound Care and Topicals, Oral Health Care, Women’s Health, McNeil Consumer, Healthcare, Over-The-Counter, Medicines and Nutritiona.
- Medical Devices include Advanced Sterilization Products, Animas Corporation, Biosense Webser, De Puy Synthes, Ethicon, Inc., Janssen Diagnostics BVBA, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., LifeScan, Inc. and Mentor.
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Janssen Therapeutics, Janssen Scientific Affairs, and McNeil-PPC, Inc. resort under Pharmaceuticals.
VALUES OF JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Johnson & Johnson believes its primary responsibility is to all the people who use its products and services – mothers and fathers, patients, doctors and nurses. The company therefore constantly strives to provide value, reduce costs and maintain reasonable prices.
- The company prides itself on excellent service delivery and high-quality products. It values qualities such as transparency, dignity and diversity. It works hard to maintain relationship on all levels, with clients and stakeholders. It provides an inclusive work environment to its employees, which offers its workforce the
opportunity to develop, and enjoy a sense of security and fulfilment. It also supports the health and well-being of employees and encourages open dialogue.
- The company believes in equal opportunities for all, and is accountable to the communities in which it operates. Johnson & Johnson supports good works and charities, promotes better health and education, and pays it taxes. It also maintains the environments in which it operates.
- The company follows a sound business model, based on research and innovation. Its approach to business is proactive. These sound business practices stimulate growth and provide shareholders with fair returns on their investments.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Johnson & Johnson trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “JNJ”.
- The company’s sound financial performance boosts investor confidence. In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$81.58 billion, with net income of US$15.29 billion and total assets valued at US$152.95 billion.
- Shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can therefore expect lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: INTEL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS JOHNSON & JOHNSON
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy JOHNSON & JOHNSON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN JOHNSON & JOHNSON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE JOHNSON & JOHNSON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of JOHNSON & JOHNSON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy JOHNSON & JOHNSON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC STOCKS