KAMAN (KAMN) Stocks
📊 Kaman Corporation, an American aerospace company, was founded in 1945 and has its headquarters in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The company operates in the aerospace and defense markets. Since inception, it has been recognized for its technical breakthroughs and innovative solutions to critical challenges.
📊 During the first decade of its existence, the company operated exclusively as a manufacturer of a number of helicopters that achieved many aviation firsts.
📊 In the 1960s, the company began to diversify into other industries by applying its expertise in composite materials. It is credited with the design of the round-backed, composite-body Ovation guitar – developed by guitarist and aerospace engineer Charles Kaman – which signalled the beginning of Kaman Music (now KMCMusicorp.)
📊 Today, the company develops and manufactures high-tech products and provides technical services for government, industrial and commercial markets.
📊 Some of the company’s most renowned breakthroughs include the development of the K-125 helicopter in 1947, the world’s first electrically-powered drone in 1953, as well as the first all-composite main rotor blade in in 1960, to name but a few. Today, the company employs approximately 5 200 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KAMAN
- Kaman Corporation manufactures high-tech products and offers technical services for government, industrial and commercial markets. It conducts its operations through three primary segments: Aerospace, Industrial Distribution and Music Distribution.
- Aerospace serves the U.S. defense, foreign government and commercial markets. It also produces niche-market products for aircraft applications.
- Industrial Distribution manufactures parts and equipment for most sectors of industry in the U.S. Music Distribution distributes guitars and other musical instruments and accessories. It is one of the world’s largest distributors.
- Some of the company’s brands include KAflex, KAron and K-MAX. Its aerospace products include aircraft bearings and components; metallic and composite aero-structures for commercial, military and general fixed and rotary-wing aircraft; super precision, miniature ball bearings, and safe and arming solutions for bomb- and missile systems for the U.S. and allied militaries.
VISION & VALUES OF KAMAN
Kaman takes great pride in its heritage, technological achievements, capabilities and commitment to developing innovative solutions for its clientele.
It takes even bigger pride in its people, as they contribute to its overall success through their remarkable richness of backgrounds, experiences and skills.
The company’s vision is based on a set of core values that guides its operations. These include and emphasis on excellence, efficiency across all of its activities, stellar customer service, a spirit of innovation and prudent financial management.
All these values fuse beautifully to stimulate growth and add exceptional value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KAMAN
- Kaman Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KAMN. The company is an S&P 600 component.
- For the first quarter fiscal 2019, Karman recorded sales of US$ 4.6 million, an increase of 2.5% over the previous fiscal cycle.
- This growth enabled the company to increase its ability to leverage its fixed cost base to 20bps over the first quarter of 2018.
- This solid performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.