KBR (KBR) Stocks
📊 KBR, Inc. (formerly Kellogg Brown & Root), an American engineering, procurement and construction company, was founded in 1998 and has its headquarters in Houston, Texas. It is a former subsidiary of Halliburton.
📊 The company was established in 1901 by Morris Woodruff Kellogg as the M.W. Kellogg Company in New York City. Initially, the company’s main business was power-plant construction and the manufacturing of power-plant components, but it gradually expanded into refining because of the developments in the petroleum industry. KBR and its predecessors have been involved in many contracts with the U.S. military over the years.
📊 Today, the company is a global provider of a wide range of professional services and technologies across the program- and asset life cycle in the government services and hydrocarbon sectors. The company offers its global clientele a comprehensive portfolio of solutions with emphasis on safety and efficiency.
📊 It handles the whole spectrum of the project lifecycle – from planning and design, to maintenance and sustainability.
📊 The company’s comprehensive consulting, engineering, technology and construction solutions are utilized in a wide variety of markets, from aerospace and defense, to energy and chemicals and beyond.
📊 The company employs approximately 37 500 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KBR
- KBR, Inc. conducts its operations through five primary segments: Technology & Consulting (T&C), Engineering & Construction (E&C), Government Services (GS), Non-strategic Business, and Other.
- T&C combines the KBR technologies and services and its three specialty consulting brands, GVA, Granherne and Energo under a collective customer-focused global business. E&C offers global project and program delivery solutions, whilst GS provides life-cycle support solutions to the defense, space and aviation markets, as well as oversee programmes and missions for government agencies in the U.S., United Kingdom and Australia.
- Solutions in this segment include mission and logistics support solutions, consulting, procurement, construction management and other support services.
- The company has grown its comprehensive consulting, technology and construction solutions portfolio through a number of strategic acquisitions.
- These include, amongst others, Ecoplanning, Energo, GVA, Granherne, PLINKE, HTSI, Weatherly, Wyle and more.
- KBR, Inc. operates in 40 countries and has customers in over 80 countries.
VISION & VALUES OF KBR
- KBR, Inc. regards its core values as the reason for its success.
- These values include an uncompromising commitment to quality, health, safety and the environment.
- The company also believes in having open relationships with employees and partners that are characterized by mutual trust, respect and success.
- It is transparent, accountable and disciplined in its daily activities, and always acts with integrity.
- The company further takes its financial responsibility towards shareholders who purchase company shares very seriously.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KBR
- KBR, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KBR. The company is an S&P 400 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded revenue growth of 18% to US$ 4.9 billion, diluted EPS of $ 1.99 and adjusted EPS of $ 1.53.
- It operating cash flow was US$ 165 million. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.