KEURIG DR PEPPER (KDP) Stocks
ABOUT KEURIG DR PEPPER
📊 Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. (formerly Keurig Green Mountain), an American beverage and beverage-maker conglomerate, was originally founded in 1981 and has dual headquarters in Plano, Texas, and Burlington, Massachusetts.
📊 The company distributes non-alcoholic beverages in the U.S., Mexico and Canada. Its product portfolio includes flavoured (non-cola) carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and non-carbonated beverages (NCBs) such as juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas, juice drinks, water and mixers.
📊 The company was established as the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) by Bob Stiller, an entrepreneur, and his partner when they bought a two-thirds stake in a small specialty coffee roasting company in Waitsfield, Vermont. Stiller dedicated his time to coffee-roasting and only used Arabica coffee beans.
📊 After considerable expansion in the late 1980s, the company acquired Keurig, Inc., a brewing-machine manufacturer. GMCR changed its name to Keurig Green Mountain in 2014.
📊 In 2018, the company purchased the Dr Pepper Snapple Group to establish Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
📊 Today, the company employs more than 25 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. conducts its operations through three segments: Beverage Concentrates, Packaged Beverages and Latin America Beverages.
- The company’s brand portfolio is divided into CSD brands and NCB brands.
- CSD brands include Dr Pepper, Canada Dry, Penafiel, 7UP, Crush, A&W, Schweppes and Sunkist soda.
- The NCB brand portfolio includes Snapple, Hawaiian Punch, Mott’s, FIJI mineral water, Clamato, Yoo-Hoo, Deja Blue, Bai Brands, ReaLemon, BodyArmor, Garden Cocktail and Nantucket Nectars, to name but a few.
- The company sales grew together with the American tastes in coffee.
- By 1993, GMCR had seen retail outlets, about 1, 000 wholesale customers and 2,400 wholesale accounts.
- The company began exporting to Canada and Taiwan in 1994.
- In the late 1990s, it also extended its national supermarket chain-, gas-station- and convenience-store distribution throughout the northeast to venues such as Weight Watchers International, Staples and LL Bean.
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.’s fresh approach to the beverage industry and its iconic family of brands enable the company to satisfy every consumer need, anytime and anywhere – hot or cold.
VISION & VALUES OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper is passionate about its beverages and clients.
- It is completely dedicated to acting responsibly and being a force for positive impact.
- It values all opportunities to impact its supply chain, the environment and the communities in which it operates. It actively seeks to mobilize people and resources – inside and outside the company – to be a catalyst for good. By living up to values such as transparency, partnership, innovation and investment, the company will continue to contribute to a better world.
- This sound business model enables growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF KEURIG DR PEPPER
- Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol KDP. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For the second fiscal quarter 2019, the company increased net sales to US$ 2.81 billion, from US$ 2.82 billion in the corresponding quarter 2018.
- It also gained or maintained market share in several key categories, such as CSD’s3, single-serve coffee, RTD3 coffee and shelf-stable fruit drinks.
- This strong performance affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.