LATAM AIRLINES GROUP S.A. (LTM) Stocks
ABOUT LATAM AIRLINES GROUP S.A.
📊 LATAM Airlines Group S.A., a Chilean airline holding company, was founded in 2012 and has its headquarters in Santiago, Chile.
📊 The company is the largest airline in Latin America and operates through subsidiaries in Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Ecuador, Paraguay and Peru.
📊 The company was established through the merger of Chile’s LAN Airlines and Brazil’s TAM Airlines in 2012, with TAM Airlines’ shareholders agreeing to the takeover by LAN Airlines.
📊 Main hubs include Santiago de Chile’s Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez International Airport, São Paulo–Guarulhos International Airport, Jorge Chávez International Airport in Lima and El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá. The latter represents the company’s Caribbean hub.
📊 The company’s subsidiaries include LATAM Argentina, LATAM Brasil, LATAM Cargo Brasil, LATAM Chile, LATAM Cargo Chile, LATAM Express and LATAM Columbia, amongst others.
📊 Its global airline alliance is Oneworld. Delta Air Lines announced in September 2019 that it plans to buy 20% of LATAM. This will increase Delta’s access to Latin America.
📊 Today, LATAM Airlines Group S.A. employs more than 45 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF LATAM AIRLINES GROUP S.A.
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. focuses on passenger- and cargo air transportation in Chile, Peru, Argentina, Columbia, Ecuador and Brazil. It also operates a number of regional and international routes in America, Europe and Oceania.
- The company conducts its operations through multiple subsidiaries in a number of countries.
- The airlines group operates through two primary segments: Air Transportation and Multiplus, a coalition and loyalty program.
- Multiplus comprises a frequent flyer- and loyalty program that operates unilateral and offers a flexible coalition system.
- The company owns and operates a fleet of more than 329 aircraft. Its passenger aircraft include the Airbus A319-100, Airbus A350-900, Boeing 767-300ER, Boeing 787-8, Boeing 787-9 and Boeing 777-300ER.
- The airlines group has recently undergone a complete rebranding process. This process includes new cabin interiors that have been incorporated into its fleet, new VIP lounges in São Paulo and Santiago, as well as digital platforms such as on-board entertainment systems for mobile devices, to name but a few.
VISION & VALUES OF LATAM AIRLINES GROUP S.A.
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. follows a business model based on five essential strategies for success.
- They are network leadership, brand leadership, exceptional customer experiences, cost competitiveness and organizational strength.
- These strategies are all based on core values such as drive, innovation, honesty and integrity.
- Employees, partners and shareholders who purchase company shares can trust the company to deliver exceptional results.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LATAM AIRLINES GROUP S.A.
- LATAM Airlines Group S.A. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LTM.
- For the second fiscal quarter 2019, the company recorded operating income of US$ 40.2 million and an operating margin of 1.7%.
- The number of passengers carried rose by 1.3% in the domestic market alone, representing an 11% year-on-year increase and reflecting healthy demand for the company’s services.
- Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.