LAZARD (LAZ) Stocks
📊 Lazard Ltd (formerly Lazard Frères & Co.), a financial advisory and asset-management company, was founded in 1848 and has its principal executive offices in New York City, Paris and London.
📊 The company is engaged in investment banking, asset management and related financial services and primarily serves an institutional clientele. It is the world’s largest independent investment bank.
📊 The company began as Lazard Frères & Co., a dry-goods merchant store in New Orleans, Louisiana.
📊 By 1851, it began to serve miners involved in the California Gold Rush, necessitating it expansion into banking and foreign exchange.
📊 Lazard Ltd. operates from 43 cities in 27 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia and South and Central America.
📊 The company’s largest office is located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York City.
📊 The company manages billions of dollars across an extensive range of global, regional and country-specific strategies – both traditional and alternative – in listed equity and fixed income.
📊 Today, Lazard Ltd. employs about 3 000 people across its global operations.
HISTORY OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd conducts its business through two primary segments: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Its global clientele comprises corporations, governments, institutions, partnerships and individuals.
- The Financial Advisory segment provides corporate, institutional, government, partnerships, sovereign and individual clients across the globe with a wide variety of financial advisory services on mergers and other strategic matters, as well as restructurings, capital raising and capital structure.
- Asset Management offers investment solutions and management services in equity and fixed-income strategies, alternative investments and private equity funds to corporations, institutions, governments and sovereign entities.
- The company advises its clientele on a wide range of strategic and financial issues such as the sale of businesses and potential acquisitions, as well as alternatives such as spin-offs, carve-outs and split-offs.
- It also offers advice on all aspects of restructuring.
- Lazard also manages assets on behalf of institutional clients such as corporations, labor unions, foundation, insurance companies and banks, to name but a few, as well as through sub-advisory relationships, broker-dealers and registered advisors.
VISION & VALUES OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd prides itself in balancing the feel of a small firm with the scale of a global organization.
- The company’s operations are characterized by an entrepreneurial culture and flat management structure that foster the perfect environment for innovation.
- Its first priority is serving its global clientele to the best of its ability.
- The company conducts its daily activities based on values such as respect, diversity, inclusion, creativity and teamwork.
- By staying true to these values, the company generates growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LAZARD
- Lazard Ltd trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LAZ. The company is a Russell 1000 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of US$ 2.826 billion and net income of US$ 527 million. Its total assets were valued at US$ 4.997 billion.
- This strong performance bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.