LEE ENTERPRISES (LEE) Stocks
ABOUT LEE ENTERPRISES
📊 Lee Enterprises Incorporated, an American media company, was founded in 1890 and has its headquarters in Davenport, Iowa.
📊 The company publishes 46 daily newspapers in 21 states, as well as more than 300 weekly-, classified- and specialty publications. It also offers online services such as websites that support its daily newspapers and other publications. It is currently the fourth largest newspaper group in the U.S.
📊 The company was founded by A.W. Lee in 1890, and most of its papers had their humble beginnings in the mid-1800s. It was the first to produce an entire newspaper totally by computer in 1973. Sam Clemens (alias Mark Twain) counts among some of the company’s iconic alumni.
📊 The company’s stellar achievements over the past several years make it a leader in the industry.
📊 Despite a weak economy and slowing advertising revenues, management implemented a set of five key operating priorities to stimulate growth. These included growing revenue creatively, improving leadership and circulation, building an online presence, emphasizing local news and implementing strict cost controls.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 4 000 people across its operations.
HISTORY OF LEE ENTERPRISES
- Lee Enterprises conducts its operations through a number of subsidiaries. These include Lee Procurement Solutions Company, Sioux City Newspapers, Lee Consolidated Holdings Company, Accudata Inc., Target Marketing Systems Inc., Madison Newspapers Inc., INN Partners L.C. and Journal Star Printing Company.
- Lee Enterprises Incorporated is a leading provider of local news and advertising in midsize markets.
- The company has almost 300 specialty publications in 21 states and a daily circulation of more than 0.9 million, and 1.4 million on Sundays. It reaches more than three million readers daily. The company’s digital websites record more than 25 million unique visits monthly.
- Target markets in the U.S. comprise Madison, Wisconsin; Lincoln, Nebraska; Davenport, Iowa; St Louis, Missouri; Billings, Montana; Napa, California; Bloomington, Illinois, and Tucson, Arizona.
- Some of the company’s acquisitions include Howard publications (16 daily newspapers) in 2002 and Pulitzer, Inc. (14 daily and more than 100 non-daily publications) in 2005.
VISION & VALUES OF LEE ENTERPRISES
- Lee Enterprises regards its fundamental duty as protecting its communities through exercising its First Amendment rights and responsibilities.
- It continuously pursues the truth and maintains its independence from undue influences.
- The company conducts its operations by upholding core convictions such as accuracy, fairness, courage and diversity.
- It can therefore be trusted by employees, partners and shareholders alike.
- This business model promotes growth and adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LEE ENTERPRISES
- Lee Enterprises Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol LEE.
- For the second fiscal quarter 2019, the company’s digital retail advertising (representing 61.8% of total digital advertising) grew by 4.9%, driven by an increase in advertising from local retailers.
- The company’s total revenue trend for the quarter is also the best in nearly four years.
- This bodes well for shareholders as they can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of satisfactory dividends and returns.