LG DISPLAY (LPL) Stocks
ABOUT LG DISPLAY
📊 LG Display Co., Ltd. is a display company.
📊 It specializes in the manufacturing of thin-film transition liquid crystal display panels, flexible displays and OLED displays.
📊 The company’s portfolio offers products to a variety of markets such as commercial, televisions, IT, automotive and mobile markets. It manufactures its products through 9 manufacturing facilities and 7 assembly facilities located in Korea, Poland, China and Mexico.
📊 The company is the industry leader in manufacturing OLED panels.
📊 LG Display Co., Ltd. employs approximately 59 000 people and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.
HISTORY OF LG DISPLAY
- LG Display is created as LG.Philips in in 1999 as a joint venture between a Dutch company, Koninklijke Philips Electronics and Korean’s LG Electronics.
- It originally started out as a manufacturer of liquid crystal displays.
- In 2004 it becomes an independent company and lists on the New York Stock Exchange as well as the Korean Stock Exchange.
- In 2008 Philips’ shares are purchased.
- The company buys several businesses and expands its portfolio impressively.
VISION & VALUES OF LG DISPLAY
- LG Display values its shareholders and customers. It supplies high quality products at affordable prices and generates high earnings for its shareholders. It acts responsibly and ensures the health and safety for its employees in the workplace.
- The company is sustainable and contributes to organizations and initiatives that supports the improvement of the environment and communities.
- Some of these include environmental cleaning programs, tree planting programs as well as the protection and preservation the natural environment.
- The company supports youth programs, matches grants from employees.
- It also encourages education by sponsoring scholarships.
- The company regularly donates large sums of money to schools and organizations that encourage education, health and overall happiness to children.
- LG Display Co., Ltd. minimizes its environmental footprint by managing its waste and recycling where possible.
- It analyses industrial water usage and reviews the integrity of the water, where it is then reused.
- Carbon emissions are reduced, and energy usages are minimized.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF LG DISPLAY
- LG Display Co., Ltd. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol LPL.
- Data analysis for the company’s third quarter results for 2019 reports assets of $ 37, 443 million and cash is $ 10,780 million. Inventory is $ 2,727 million.
- Non-current assets are $ 26,663 million. Shareholders’ equity is $ 14, 326. Cash flow from operating activities is $ 48 million. Net income is $ 442 million.
- Cash flow from investing activities is $ 1,459 million and cash flow before financing activities for the reported period is $ 1,507 million.