MACERICH (MAC) Stocks
📊 Macerich Company, an American real-estate investment trust (REIT), was founded in 1964 and has its headquarters in Santa Monica, California. The company is the third-largest owner and manager of shopping centers in the U.S.
📊 As of the end of 2017, the company owned interest in 55 properties with a collective leas able area of 53 million square feet. The company’s name represents a portmanteau of its founders, Mace Siegel and Richard Cohen.
📊 Macerich Company had its origin as the MaceRich Real Estate Company founded by Mace Siegel and Richard Cohen. It became a public company in 1994 and changed its name to Macerich Company in 2006.
📊 The company acquired Westcor in 2002. This purchase added nine properties to its REIT portfolio to make it the largest mall owner in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. It also acquired Wilmorite Properties which added another 11 shopping cent res to the Macerich portfolio.
📊 The company operates nationally. It manages a total of 56 regional shopping centers and 21 community shopping centers. On average, these shopping centers comprise about 400 000 square feet of gross leas able area. The community shopping centers vary between 100,000 square feet and 400,000 feet of gross leas able area.
📊 Today, the company employs about 700 people across its operations.
You might also like: LOEWS STOCKS
HISTORY OF MACERICH
- Macerich Company is a self-administered and self-managed REIT that focuses on the acquisition, redevelopment and management of regional and community shopping centers. The company is known as the “Mall Doctor”. It acquires retail properties and, after making improvements on the properties, it generates financial return for its efforts.
- About a third of the company’s 60 million square feet of gross leas able area is located in California.
- As of 2018, the company had ownership interests in 51 million square feet of real estate that comprises 47 regional shopping centers. These properties are located in California, Arizona and the eastern U.S. and include, among others, Santa Monica Place, Queens Centre, Tysons Corner Center, Scottsdale Fashion Square and Fashion Outlets of Chicago.
- Each of the company’s properties is developed around a customized program that supports community interests.
- These include employee volunteerism, financial support, in-kind donations and partnership with local non-profit organizations.
VISION & VALUES OF MACERICH
- Macerich Company constantly strives to help set industry standards, fosters trust and expands its reputation for excellence. The company supports community interests, acts with integrity and adheres to sound business practices.
- It values its people, encourages collaboration and communicates openly with clients, shareholders and stakeholders alike.
- By adhering to these values the company adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MACERICH
- Macerich Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “MAC”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For fiscal 2018, the company recorded total revenue of US $960 million and net income of US$60 million.
- For the quarter ended March 31, 2019, net income attributed to the company was US$7.8 million. Shareholders can buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: LKQ STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MACERICH
Buy MACERICH stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MACERICH Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MACERICH Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MACERICH STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MACERICH STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MACERICH stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MACERICH stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : J.M SMUCKER STOCKS