MARSH & McLENNAN (MMC) Stocks
ABOUT MARSH & McLENNAN
📊 Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a global professional services company incorporated on March 17, 1969, is headquartered in New York City, New York, in the United States. The company offers insurance brokerage, risk management and reinsurance services, as well as talent management and investment advisory services. It also does management consulting.
📊 It is the parent company of a number of risk advisors and specialty consultants, such as Marsh (insurance broker, intermediary and risk advisor), Guy Carpenter (risk and reinsurance specialist), Mercer (human resource and investment related financial services), and Oliver Wyman Group (management, economic and brand consultancy).
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to 1905 when Burroughs, Marsh & McLennan was founded by Henry W. Marsh and Donald R. McLennan in Chicago. It was renamed as Marsh & McLennan in 1906. The1960s was an important time in the company’s growth, as it made its first public offering in 1962, and reorganized into a holding company configuration in 1969.
📊 Marsh identifies, quantifies and addresses its clientele’s risk management and insurances needs. The company’s products and services comprise risk analysis, insurance program design and placement, insurance program support and administration, alternative risk strategies, claims support and advocacy, and a variety of risk analysis and risk management services. The firm’s portfolio includes approximately 35 risk, speciality and industry practices, as well as employee health and benefits businesses.
📊 The company’s clientele includes clients of all sizes, such as small commercial enterprises, high-net worth private clients, high growth middle-market businesses and large multinational companies. Marsh’s advisory and placement services are utilized by big international companies and institutions that have to negotiate complex risk exposures.
📊 Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is an expert in risk, strategy and people. Through its services, the company is the partner of choice for businesses that want to grow, protect value and assist their clients to make more informed decisions. Today, the company employs approximately 65 000 people across its various operations.
You might also like: LOWE’S STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF MARSH & McLENNAN
- Marsh & McLennan Companies operates through two primary business segments: Risk and Insurance Services, and Consulting.
- The company provides risk and insurance services through Marsh and Guy Carpenter, a risk and reinsurance intermediary. Marsh focuses on risk advisory and insurance solutions to individuals, companies and institutions globally. Its contributions include client representation through brokerage, the discipline of risk management, the development of service platforms that identify, quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, and the globalization of risk management services.
- Marsh also provides specialist advisory or placement services through Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC), Marsh Global Analytics, Marsh Captive Solutions, Bowring Marsh, Torrent Technologies and Marsh ClearSight. The company offers these services in more than 130 countries.
- Consulting services are offered through Mercer (health, retirement, talent and investment) and the Oliver Wyman Group (Oliver Wyman, Lippincott and NERA Economic Consulting). The Risk and Insurance Services segment offers risk advisory and insurance solutions to individuals, companies and institutions globally to purchase.
- Its contributions include client representation through brokerage, the discipline of risk management, the development of service platforms that identify, quantify, mitigate and transfer risk, and the globalization of risk management services.
VALUES OF MARSH & McLENNAN
- Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. is passionate about helping clients worldwide to address the great challenges and opportunities of modern times. The company’s mission is to make a difference in those moments that really matter. It strives to be a global leader in its field and to revolutionize the industry in which it functions.
- The company’s operations are characterized by passion, enthusiasm, optimism and thoughtfulness. This brings great energy to achieve the desired outcomes and stimulates optimum growth, adding value for its shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MARSH & McLENNAN
- Marsh & McLennan, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “MMC”.
- The company is well-respected for its financial performance in the market. It ranked #1 on Business Insurance’s list of the world’s largest insurance brokers based on revenue in 2016.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue growth of 4%, adjusted operating income growth of 8%, and adjusted EPS growth of 11%. Consolidated revenue for the fourth quarter of 2018, for example, was US$3.7 billion, an increase of 1% over the previous fiscal cycle. These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: LOCKHEED MARTIN STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MARSH & McLENNAN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MARSH & McLENNAN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MARSH & McLENNAN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MARSH & McLENNAN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MARSH & McLENNAN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MARSH & McLENNAN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : KIMBERLEY-CLARK STOCKS