MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS (MLM) Stocks
ABOUT MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS
📊 Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is a producer of aggregates and heavy building materials for the construction industry as well as for infrastructure, residential, commercial and highways.
📊 It also produces and sells magnesia-based products which include chemical products for industrial and environmental uses, dolomitic lime, magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide and heat-resistant refractory products used in the steel industry. The company’s operations span over 26 U.S. states, the Caribbean and Canada.
📊 Martin Marietta Materials Inc.’s history dates back to 1939. It is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina and today it has almost 9 000 employees.
📊 Its subsidiaries include TXI, Martin Marietta Magnesia Specialties, LLC, Rock and Rail LLC, Hunt Martin Materials, LLC, Bahama Rock Ltd., American Stone Company and Harding Street Corporation.
You might also like: MARATHON OIL STOCKS
HISTORY OF MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS
- The aggregates company, Superior Stone, is founded in Raleigh, North Carolina in 1939. Superior Stone merges with American-Marietta Corp (producer of construction materials, paints, building products and chemicals) in 1959.
- In 1961 American-Marietta Corp merge with the Glenn L. Martin Company forming the Martin Marietta Corporation – becoming a leader in cement, aerospace, electronics, aggregates and chemicals.
- In 1993 Martin Marietta Materials is incorporated as part of the Martin Marietta Corp. The following year Martin Marietta Materials is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. After acquiring Dravo Corp. in 1995 it becomes the #2 aggregates produces in the U.S. This acquisition enables Martin Marietta Materials to start supplying markets along the Mississippi River system as well as coastal markets along the Eastern Seaboard and the Gulf of Mexico. Martin Marietta Materials’ spin-off is completed in 1996 and it becomes an independent and separate entity.
- In 1997 the company buys American Aggregates Corp, one of nine acquisitions completed in the same year. Business expands to Ohio and Indiana. It reaches $1 billion in sales in 1998.
- In 2006 the company reports record net earnings of $245.4 million, operating cash flow of $338.2 million and investment of $266 million in internal capital projects. Fortune magazine ranks Martin Marietta Materials Inc. #1 on its “World’s Most Admired Company for Building Materials Industry” list in 2009.
- The company is selected for the Information Week 500 for the 10th year in a row in 2011.
- In 2014 it is ranked #16 in the Information Week Elite 100, a listing of the U.S.’s top business technology innovators. The company completes its second largest acquisition, Bluegrass Materials, for the price of $1.625 billion in 2018.
VISION & VALUES OF MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS
- Martin Marietta Materials Inc. values are safety, integrity, excellence, community and stewardship.
- The company is uncompromising in its commitment to the safety and health of its employees and communities. It is also committed to being a role model through continuous improvement and responsible innovation.
- The company’s strength and success comes from its people and the relationships they build with neighborhoods and cities. Its responsibility is to make the world a better place, not only today but for the future.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS
- Martin Marietta Materials Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “MLM”. It is an S&P 500 Index component.
- The company reports its second quarter, ended June 30, 2019 financial results as total revenues of $1,279,468 in 2019 compared to $1,202,403 for the same period in 2018 – including the sales of products and services to customers (net of any discounts or allowances) and freight revenues.
You might also like: MACERICH STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : LOEWS STOCKS