MASCO (MAS) Stocks
📊 Masco Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of home improvement and new home construction products in the world. The company’s portfolio includes more than twenty companies and 60 manufacturing facilities in the United States and twenty other locations around the globe.
📊 Masco operates through Cabinetry (cabinets and storage), Plumbing Products (bathing system, spas and faucets), Decorative Architectural Products (exterior wood care, painting, lighting fixtures as well as cabinets and doors) and Speciality Products (patio doors and windows).
📊 Its subsidiaries are BrassCraft Manufacturing Company, Delta Faucet Company, Behr Process Corporation, Liberty Hardware, Watkins Manufacturing Company, Mirolin Industries Corporation and Milgard Windows and Doors, just to name a few.
📊 Products are designed for excellence and quality. It can be found in hotels, offices, skyscrapers and residential homes, from Shanghai to Mexico City, throughout North and South America and Dubai’s Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world.
📊 Masco Corporation is headquartered in Livonia, Michigan. The company has more than 26 000 employees.
You might also like: MARTIN MARIETTA MATERIALS STOCKS
HISTORY OF MASCO
- The company is founded in 1929 by Alex Manoogian. It is named Masco Screw Products Company and is located in Detroit, Michigan. The company offers machining parts for the automotive market. Masco starts trading publicly on the Detroit Stock Exchange.
- The company expands its portfolio in 1954 and starts manufacturing machine parts for the plumbing industry. The company soon launches its Delta Faucet and it becomes very popular.
- In only a few years the faucet’s sales exceed $1 million. Masco builds a new manufacturing facility in Indiana especially for faucets.
- In 1961 the company is renamed to Masco Corporation and moves its headquarters to Taylor, Michigan. In 1969 Masco starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange.
- During the early 1970’s the company appears on the Fortune 500. Masco buys several manufacturing companies and building product companies during these years.
VISION & VALUES OF MASCO
- Masco Corporation values community involvement and good citizenship. Through the company’s foundation it contributes to arts, cultural and housing-based organizations including Habitat for Humanity.
- The company commits to high standards and principles and conducts business with honesty, respect and integrity. High-quality products are offered at a reasonable price. Masco promotes health and safety in the workplace.
- The company contributes in conserving natural resources and customers can buy products and services that offer environmental benefits like conserving water and energy.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MASCO
- Masco Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “MAS”.
- Analysis data for Masco’s second quarter for 2019 reports sales of $2.3 billion. Operating profit is $392 million and adjusted operating profit is $399 million. Earnings per share are $0.82, an increase of 21 percent. Adjusted earnings per share are $0.88, and increase of 16 percent.
- Annual dividends are $0.12 per common share. The company repurchases 4.3 million shares in the reported period.
You might also like: MARATHON OIL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MASCO
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MASCO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MASCO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MASCO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MASCO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MASCO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MACERICH STOCKS