MEDICLINIC (MEI) Shares
📊 MediClinic Int Plc. is a private healthcare group that operates from several different sectors in South Africa, Namibia, Switzerland and the United Arab Emirates. The company’s portfolio includes 77 hospitals, 12 day clinics and 21 out-patient clinics.
📊 MediClinic holds 29.9 percent interest in the United Kingdom’s private Spire Healthcare Group Plc. MediClinic is one of the largest groups in the healthcare markets. Major shareholders of MediClinic includes Remgro and the Government Employees Pension Fund.
📊 Combined with the Hirsladen healthcare facilities in Switzerland it has more than 10 400 employees, almost 2 000 inpatient beds in its 18 private hospitals, 112 theatres and 5 clinics. Namibia and South Africa’s MediClinic operates from 52 hospitals and 8 clinics.
📊 In total, the company’s facilities in South Africa have an estimated 8 500 inpatient beds, 296 theatres and employs more than 15 800 people. MediClinic in the United Arab Emirates have 7 hospitals, 37 theatres and 18 clinics, more than 6 100 employees and approximately 920 inpatient beds.
You might also like: MASSMART SHARES
HISTORY OF MEDICLINIC
- MediClinic Group is established in 1984 through purchasing several medical facilities in Cape Town and Johannesburg. The company lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 1986. Numerous acquisitions take place and facilities are established to make it the successful company that it is today.
- MediClinic soon expands to the healthcare markets in Switzerland, Namibia and the United Arab Emirates. In 2006, the company acquires a controlling interest in Emirates Healthcare in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In 2007 MediClinic acquires the largest private hospital group in Switzerland, Hirslanden.
- In June 2015, MediClinic acquires 29.9% interest in the United Kingdom’s healthcare group, Spire Healthcare.
VISION & VALUES OF MEDICLINIC
- MediClinic’s vision is that it would be the first healthcare choice for locals. MediClinic’s facilities relies on science, international-standard technology, sound medical practise and empathetic staff to give customers the best possible care.
- Being accepted as a valued community member, providing excellent patient care, continuing good relationships with doctor communities, follow sound environment policies, employing competent staff and having beneficial stakeholder relationships help the company to ensure this vision is a reality.
- To gain respect internationally, the company delivers quality clinical outcomes, uphold good corporate governance, take responsibility as a corporate citizen and ensures positive growth as an international healthcare group. MediClinic’s patient focus creates long-term shareholder value and establishes its place in the international healthcare markets.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MEDICLINIC
- MediClinic trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSE stock symbol MEI. It can be found under the Health Sector in the Health Care Facilities & Services industry.
- Analysisdata for the company’s 2019 annual report shows revenue of £2 932 million, an increase from the previous year’s revenue. Adjusted EBITDA is £493 million and adjusted earnings are £198 million. Total dividends per share are £7.90 and operating profits are £81 million.
- MediClinic’s forecast predicts strong earnings as its share price has shown strong performance, locally as well as internationally.
You might also like: MAS REAL ESTATE SHARES
Buy MEDICLINIC stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MEDICLINIC Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MEDICLINIC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MEDICLINIC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MEDICLINIC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MEDICLINIC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MEDICLINIC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : LIFE HEALTHCARE SHARES