MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL (MGM) Stocks
ABOUT MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
📊 MGM Resorts International is a national and international global entertainment company. The company features best-in-class casinos, hotels, state of the art conference spaces, live and theatrical entertainment as well as numerous restaurants.
📊 The company’s diverse portfolio includes award winning brands, 30 hotels, more than 460 food, beverage and club experiences, 37 000 slot machines, 2 100 table games, 49 000 rooms and suites as well as more than 34 arena and entertainment venues.
📊 MGM Resort is the world’s largest multi-concept, non-chain restaurant operator and hosts 24 celebrity chefs.
📊 MGM Resorts employs more than 83 000 people in locations across Las Vegas, Mississippi, Maryland, New Jersey and Detroit. Its headquarters is in Paradise, Nevada.
HISTORY OF MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
- In 1966 Kirk Kerkorian builds the MGM Grand Hotel which is larger than the Empire State Building. In 1987 Kerkorian founds MGM Grand, Inc., a holding company. In 1987 it purchases the Desert Inn and Sands Casinos for a price of $167 million.
- Two years later the Interface Group buys Sands Casinos from MGM Grand, Inc. for a price of $110 million. In 2000 it buys Mirage Resorts and names the new company MGM Mirage.
- The company’s lodging, food and retail sectors soon outpace its gaming sectors.
- In 2005 the company buys Mandalay Resort Group. An opportunity arises in 2007 and the company purchases a site from Concord Wilshire Partners for a price of $130 million and a site from Gordon Gaming for a price of $444 million, which gives MGM Mirage control of the intersection at Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara. MGM Mirage is renamed MGM Resorts International in 2010.
- In 2013 MGM Resorts International builds a resort in National Harbor, Maryland for $1 billion. The same year it builds a resort in Springfield, Massachusetts, for $950 million. The next few years is a series of acquisitions, which quickly expands MGM Resorts into the successful company that it is today.
VISION & VALUES OF MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
- MGM Resorts International’s core values and goals for the future includes conducting business with respect, inclusiveness and responsibility. The company helps build and sustain the communities from which it operates. The best services and extraordinary experiences are provided to guests.
- MGM Resorts’ corporate responsibility platform includes Fostering Diversity and Inclusion, Protecting the Planet, Investing in Community and Caring for one Another. In 2018 alone, the company donated more than 650 000 pounds of unserved food.
- Through conservation it saves approximately 5.6 billion gallons of water and powers 90 % of the daytime power needs of its resorts in Las Vegas with solar energy. A total of $47 million is invested in 215 efficiency projects. More than 123 000 hours of community service is volunteered.
- MGM Resorts is an S&P 500 company. Forbes Magazine recognizes MGM Resorts as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
- MGM Resorts International trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “MGM”.
- Analysis data for MGM Resorts International’s second quarter for 2019 reports consolidated net revenues of $3.2 billion, a 13 percent increase compared to the second quarter of 2018. Consolidated operating income is $371 million, a 2 percent increase.
- Net income is $43 million. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $756 million with 9 percent. The company pays quarterly dividends to its shareholders.
LATEST NEWS MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?