MMI (MMI) Shares
📊 MMI Holdings, Ltd. is a life insurer and financial services group located in Centurion, South Africa. The company’s portfolio consists of our operating segments.
📊 Momentum, Metropolitan, Guardrisk and Eris Properties are some of the largest financial services providers in South Africa. Services offered are claims, estate administration, wills, healthcare administration and health risk management, employee benefits (including healthcare and retirement provision), asset management, both long and short-term insurance, investments, as well as trusts.
📊 The company also offers wellness and rewards programs. Its numerous services are offered to individuals, communities and businesses. The company offers services in Africa, Hong Kong, the United Kingdom, Indonesia, India, Singapore, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Mauritius, Nigeria, Swaziland and Zambia, just to name a few.
📊 MMI Holdings is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, as well as the Namibian Stock Exchange.RMI Holdings,KagisoTiso Holdings, Allan Gray, Government Employees Pension Fund and FirstRand Empowerment Trust are some of MMI Holdings’ major shareholders.
You might also like: MEDICLINIC SHARES
HISTORY OF MMI
- On the 31st of March, 2010, MMI Holdings is formed in 2010 with the merger of two large South African financial companies Metropolitan Holdings and Momentum Group. The company starts trading on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange on the 1st of December, 2010.
- With a R26.7 billion market cap, MMI Holdings is the third largest life insurer in the country
VISION & VALUES OF MMI
- MMI Holdings’ purpose as a company is to enable businesses to achieve its financial goals.
- MMI Holdings vision is to generate superior returns for its shareholders. By providing high-end products, positive client experiences and valuable partnerships, it achieves its purpose and visions.
- The MMI Foundation is an independent Section 21 company that supports development and empowerment of communities. MMI Holdings contributes to non- profit organizations and communities through the MMI Foundation. In 2016 the MMI Foundation starts focusing on youth unemployment. The foundation offers programs to assist in technical training, psychosocial support and self-development, providing opportunities for job placements and self-employment.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MMI
- MMI Holdings trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSE stock symbol MMI. Company shares can be found in the Financial Sector under Insurance Industry.
- Analysis data for the company’s six months ending 31st December 2018 shows a net income of R18.7 billion. Net cash flow from operating activities are R1.7 billion. A total of R18.5 billion in dividends are paid to shareholders in the reported time. MMI Holdings repurchased a total of 106 million shares, an amount of R2 billion excluding the transaction costs.
- Shares held by a subsidiary of the group totals at 27 million shares, an amount of R487 million. The company reports a market capitalisation of R28 billion and an embedded value of R39.6 billion for the end June 2018.
- The forecast for MMI Holdings’ shares predicts long term growth. Shares can be bought for a good price.
You might also like: MASSMART SHARES
Buy MMI stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MMI Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MMI Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MMI STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MMI STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MMI stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MMI stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MAS REAL ESTATE SHARES