MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL (MDLZ) Stocks
ABOUT MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
📊 Mondelēz International, Inc., a multinational confectionary, food, and beverage company, was founded in 2012 and has its headquarters in Deerfield, Illinois, in the United States.
📊 The company’s origins can however be traced back to the National Dairy Products Corporation which was founded by Thomas H. McInnerney and Edward E. Rieck in 1923.
📊 National Dairy was established via the merger of Hydrox Corporation and the Rieck-McJunkin Dairy Company of Pittsburg. The company was formed by Kraft as a roll-up strategy in the fragmented U.S. ice-cream industry. It expanded via a number of acquisitions into the full range of dairy products that customers can purchase.
📊 The company was named Mondelez International, Inc. after a spin-off of its North American grocery business to Kraft Foods Group, Inc in 2012.
📊 Mondelez International, Inc. manufactures and markets snack food and beverages. It operates via five divisions: Asia Pacific; Eastern Europe; Middle East and Africa; Europe; and Latin America and North America. Its brands can be divided into five product categories, namely Biscuits (cookies, crackers and salted snacks); Chocolate; Gum and Candy; Beverages; and Cheese and Grocery. Today, Mondelez International, Inc. employs approximately 83 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: STRYKER STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
- Mondelez International, Inc. has annual revenue of approximately US$26 billion. The company operates in more than 160 countries. It ranked #117 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S corporations by revenue.
- The company is the world’s largest chocolatier, biscuit baker and candy maker, and the second-largest gum maker. Mondelez Internationals portfolio includes billion-dollar brands such as Oreos, Chips Ahoy, Triscuit, Belvita, Nabisco, Club Social, Barni, Peek Freans, Milka, Toblerone, Cadbury, Marabou, Fry’s, Lacta, Trident Dentyne, Chicklets, Halls, Stride and Tang (powdered beverage).
- The company is also involved in research and development such as product safety and quality, growth through new products, and production practices to reduce cost. Its innovation efforts focus consumer demands and adapting to changing market trends. The company employs more than 2 500 scientists and engineers of whom the majority focuses on research and development. The remainder are primarily focussed on quality assurance and regulatory practices.
- Mondelez International has technology centres in East Hanover and Whippany, New Jersey; Bournville and Reading, United Kingdom; Curitiba, Brazil; Paris, France; Mexico City, Mexico; Melbourne, Australia; Munich Germany; Thane, India; and Suzhou, China.
- Some of the company’s 2020 goals include: Reducing absolute CO2 emissions by 15%, water use by 10% and manufacturing waste by 20%. It also wants to eliminate 65 000 tonnes of packaging material and use recycled paper non-deforested sources in its packaging.
VALUES OF MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
- Mondelez International, Inc.’s purpose is to teach and empower people to snack right. The company achieves this mission through growth, balancing its investment across both global and local brands and investing in key markets.
- The company is focussed on driving operational excellence and continuous cost improvement across all areas of its business, creating value for its shareholders in the process. The company believes in a winning growth culture that leverages commercial expertise. It invests in superior talent and key capabilities in order to accelerate growth.
- Its core values include innovation, transparency, honesty and trust.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
- Mondelez International, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “MDLZ”.
- The company’s steady performance in the market affords shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
- In 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$25.896 billion, with net income of US$2.922 billion and total assets valued at US$63.109 billion.
You might also like: SOUTHERN COMPANY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SIMON PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS