ABOUT MR PRICE
📊 Mr Price Group Limited is a fashion retail group that operates in Africa and Australia through owned stores, franchises and online channels. The company’s portfolio includes apparel, sports ware and home ware. Products are predominantly for the youth and mid class customers.Mr Price, Mr Price Sport, Mr Price Home, Sheet Street and Miladys stores are all part of Mr Price Group Limited.
📊 The group is one of the largest public trading companies is South Africa.
📊 Major shareholders in the Mr Price Group are Capital Group Companies, GIC Private, JP Morgan and Public Investment Corporation.
You might also like: MOTUS SHARES
HISTORY OF MR PRICE
- Mr Price is founded in 1885 by Laurie Chiappini and Stewart Cohen. The company is named John Orrs. The company lists on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in 1952. It soon grows and the company acquires several businesses.
- In 1996 the company acquires Galaxy & Co. and Sheet Street. Mr Price expands into the rest of Africa in 2000. In 2003 the company’s attributable income exceeds R150 million.
- Mr Price Home, Mr Price Kids and Mr Price Sports are launched in these years.
- In 2012 the first corporate owned Mr Price is opened in Lagos, Nigeria. A year later the company launches its first online store and expands globally. The company expands to Australia in 2016.
VISION & VALUES OF MR PRICE
- Mr Price business model offers fashionable products at affordable prices.The company values its customers and shareholders. Customer’s fashion needs are met, fresh products regularly replace the old, slow moving products and fashionable products are offered at low prices. Large quantities are ordered and high sales volumes are kept to keep prices as low as possible. Mutual respect is also very important to this company.
- Mr Price invests in the communities from which they operate and contributes to initiatives that improve the lives of less fortunate people, especially the youth and children.
- Mr Price has won several awards and recognition’s. Ask Africa Youth Brand awards Mr Price with Winners of Male & Female clothing category in 2016. In 2016 the Sunday Times Generation Next votes Mr Price the Coolest Clothing Store for the 4th consecutive year. In 2016 Nielsen’s survey rates Mr Price Home as the ‘most loved South African home-ware brand’. In 2016, as well as 2017, the Ask Africa Award for best bedding category goes to Mr Price Home.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MR PRICE
- Mr Price trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSE stock symbol MRP. Shares for MR Price can be found in the Consumer Discretionary Sector under the Retail – Discretionary Industry.
- Analysis data for Mr Price’s annual results ending March, 2019, reports a revenue of R22.6 billion, a growth of 5.8 percent. Profit after tax is R3.0 billion, a 7.2 percent growth. Operating margin is 17.6 percent and dividends per share are 736.2c.
- The company’s forecast predicts good earnings since stocks are performing strongly and can be bought at a good price.
You might also like: MONDI PLC SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MR PRICE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MR PRICE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MR PRICE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MR PRICE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MR PRICE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MONDI SHARES