MULTICHOICE (MCG) Shares
📊 Multichoice is the leading entertainment company on the African continent, delivering to approximately 14 million people across 40 countries. Its portfolio consists of a number of operating platforms, including DSTV, GOtv, Showmax and Dstv Now, delivered to homes using Direct-To-Home (DTH), Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) and online video entertainment services.
📊 The group was first established with the launch of pay television group M-Net by Naspers in 1985. This was followed with the creation of a number of household television channels and shows, including the Supersport channel in 1986 and Carte Blanche in 1988, which served to boost the company’s ratings significantly. In 1992 M-Net made the move to diversify its portfolio with the launch of their analogue service to more than 20 African countries, forming joint partnerships with local businesses in order to ensure its operational efficiency.
📊 Multichoice was formed in 1995 in order to divide M-Net’s growing operations, overseeing subscriber management, signal distribution and cellphone operations, and in the same year Multichoice opened offices in Namibia, Botswana, Ghana, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Zimbabwe.
📊 Also, in 1995, Multichoice went on to launch Dstv, which introduced digital technology to Africa and was one of the first to exist outside of the United States.
📊 Today, Multichoice is the top entertainment provider in South Africa, dominating the market in which it has predominantly operated for decades, with a geographical footprint that spans nearly all of Africa.
You might also like: RESILIENT PROPERTY INCOME FUND SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF MULTICHOICE
- To date, Multichoice is one of the fastest-growing pay-TV broadcast providers in the world. The group first listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in February 2019, where it currently trades under the stock symbol –MCG.
- The group aims to provide value for its investors by allowing them to buy into a distinctive and unrivaled company with a 30-year track record. The company’s solid success has long been pillared on its strong financials, the flexibility of a strong balance sheet and well-developed market insight, so that this new listing is poised to deliver healthy dividends for investors.
- Financial data has shown confident growth for the company as it continues to deliver popular content across a variety of consumer segments. The move to branch into online platforms has also proven a good response to consumer trends. Though the live online stock charts show a recent lag in the group’s share price, a turnaround is forecast as consumer spending begins to increase, with more people able to buy Multichoice products.
- With economic conditions set to improve after the election, the company looks forward to reaping healthy returns. Added to this, continued growth and development on the African continent will see an increase in the company’s international subscriptions, setting the scene for long-term growth and positive yields going forward.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF MULTICHOICE
- Multichoice has long enjoyed a strong position as a market leader with a solid reputation for delivering to its markets. The group’s diversified portfolio allows it to mitigate domestic volatility in the short-term, while a steady improvement in spending trends in South Africa will allow the company to capitalize on its investments later.
- All in all, the group’s strong financials, market presence, and sound management strategy make it a solid buy for investors who choose to purchase Multichoice shares on the JSE today, promising long-term growth and positive returns as its share price increases.
You might also like: REMGRO SHARES
Buy MULTICHOICE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase MULTICHOICE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy MULTICHOICE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN MULTICHOICE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE MULTICHOICE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of MULTICHOICE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy MULTICHOICE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : REINET INVESTMENTS SCA SHARES