NORTHROP GRUMMAN (NOC) Stocks
ABOUT NORTHROP GRUMMAN
📊 Northrop Grumman Corporation, a global aerospace and defense technology company, was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in West Falls Church, Virginia, in the United States.
📊 The company’s origin can be traced back to the early 20th century. Originally established by Jack Northrop in 1939, the Northrop Corporation was reincorporated in Delaware in 1985. The company acquired various companies over the years, such as Grumman Aerospace, TRW Inc. and Westinghouse. Northcrop Grumman Corporation is one of the biggest defense contractors in the world and has an impressive portfolio. It is the prime and subprime for flagship Aerospace programs for which it provides cyber and intelligence gathering solutions and Robust mission systems capabilities.
📊 The company’s extensive product range includes ballistic missiles, all-weather radars, land and sea-based fighter aircraft, the Apollo Lunar Module, and Stealth bombers. In 2018, the company purchased Orbital ATK, which has been renamed to Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems.
📊 Northtrop Grumman – in collaboration with its industry partners – have won the Collier Trophy eight times, among others for its latest product – the Northrop Grumman X-47B, which is the first unmanned air system that operates from an aircraft carrier. One of its subsidiaries, Scaled Composites, also won the Collier Trophy for the SpaceShipOne, which was developed for the first privately financed, built and flown space vehicle.
📊 The company not only conducts business with its commercial customers, but also with foreign, state and local governments. Today, Northrop Grumman employs approximately 93 000 people across its various operations.
You might also like: NORFOLK SOUTHERN STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- In 2017, Northrop Grumman Corporation was the fourth-largest arms trader globally. The company derives about 84% of its revenue from defense-related activities.
- The company conducts its operation through four main business sectors: Aerospace Systems, Mission Systems, Technology Services and Innovation Systems. Aerospace Systems, which has its headquarters in Redondo Beach, California, manufactures aircraft, spacecraft, microelectronics and high-energy laser systems for the U.S and other foreign nations. Its product portfolio includes surveillance and reconnaissance, protected communications, battle management, intelligence, strike operations, electronic warfare, and missile defense for Earth observation, and space science and exploration. Some of these products include the E-8C Joint STARS surveillance aircraft, the T-38 Talon supersonic trainer used by the U.S Air Force, the RQ-4 Global Hawk and the RQ-5 Hunter unmanned air vehicle, to name but a few.
- Its Mission Systems division is headquartered in Linthicum, Maryland, and produces military radar, sensors and related products such as the C4I radar systems for air defense, airspace management radar systems such as AMASS, tactical aircraft sensors such as the AN/APG-68 radar, and the AN/APG-83 AESA radar upgrade for the F-16 Fighting Falcon, to name but a few. It manufactures and maintains AWACS aerial surveillance systems for the U.S., the United Kingdom, NATO, Japan and other countries.
- The company’s Technology Services segment is headquartered in McNair, Virginia, and focusses on the complete life cycle of civil and defense platforms and capabilities through a variety of services. Vinnell, a Northrop Grumman subsidiary, offers training and communications for the military. Another subsidiary, Remotec, manufactures remote control vehicles for explosive ordnance disposal and hazardous material handling. The company’s innovation systems division is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia.
VALUES OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- Northrop Grumman Corporation strongly believes that putting their values into practices creates long-term value for its clients, shareholders, employees, stakeholders and communities.
- The company regards its suppliers as essential team members and afford them the same respect as it does its customers. Suppliers are assured of fair and equitable treatment, clear agreements and honest feedback on performance. These values all form the basis of the company’s business ethos.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN
- Northrop Grumman Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “NOC”.
- The company’s sound financial performance on the market affords its shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns. In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$30.1 billion with net income of US$3.229 billion and total assets valued at US$34.917 billion.
You might also like: MORGAN STANLEY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS NORTHROP GRUMMAN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NORTHROP GRUMMAN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NORTHROP GRUMMAN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NORTHROP GRUMMAN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NORTHROP GRUMMAN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NORTHROP GRUMMAN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MONDELEZ INTERNATIONAL STOCKS