NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD (NCLH) Stocks
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
📊 Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a cruise travel company that operates through its subsidiaries – Norwegian Cruise Line, Regent Seven Seas and Oceania Cruises. Norwegian Cruise Line’s fleet of 16 ships provide award-winning entertainment and dining options while traveling to almost 300 destinations, including the company’s private island in the Bahamas, Great Stirrup Cay.
📊 Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the most inclusive luxury experience around the globe. Its fleet of four ships provide visits to more than 450 iconic destinations. Oceania Cruises is the leading culinary and destination focused cruise line. Its fleet of six intimate and lavish ships offer 450 ports including Europe, Tahiti, Bermuda, New Zealand, Alaska, the Caribbean, Africa and Australia. It also offers 180-day Around the World Voyages.
📊 With its subsidiaries combined, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.’s portfolio includes 26 ships with more than 54 400 sleeping accommodations.
Various accommodations are offered, as well as activities, numerous dining venues, spa, casinos, bars and lounges, shopping areas, amenities and entertainment. Hotel packages before and after the voyage are also provided.
📊 Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is an S&P 500 company. Its headquarters is in Miami, Florida. The company employs more than 33 000 people.
HISTORY OF NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
- Norwegian Caribbean Line Holdings is founded in 1966. I is the first to offer weekly Caribbean trips and the company grows into a very popular vacation choice. In February 2011 Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd. is incorporated in Bermuda.
- In 2013 Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd. gains complete ownership of Norwegian Cruise Line.
- The company’s initial public offering takes place on the 18th of January, 2013. The public can buy shares at a price of $19 per share. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd. buys Prestige Cruises International, Inc. for a total purchase price of $3.025 billion.
- Prestige Cruises International is the parent company of Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Oceania Cruises. As of 2018, Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings, Ltd. is the world’s third largest cruise company.
VISION & VALUES OF NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.’s vision is to be the number one choice for people going on vacation. Its mission is to provide outstanding, positive experiences, delivered by its team of passionate and committed members.
- The company values flawless execution, dedication, entrepreneurship, environmental stewardship and financial excellence. High standards are set for employees and directors.
- Norwegian Cruise matches every dollar of donations given by customers, employees, suppliers and partners. With joint efforts it has donated $2.5 million from fundraises to hurricane relief efforts.
- With its partner, All Hands and Hearts, the company makes a positive change where hurricanes and other natural disasters hit.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “NCLH”.
- Analysis data for Norwegian Cruise’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of $1,664,277 thousand.
- Operating income is $308,681 thousand and net income is $240,190 thousand. The company’s total assets for the reported period are $15,965,977 thousand.
LATEST NEWS NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?