📊 Pepkor Holdings Ltd. is a diversified retail group that is focused on discount and value for money. The company’s portfolio includes furniture, appliances, consumer electronics, building materials, household goods, general merchandise as well as clothing and financial services. PEPCOR operates from Angola, Lesotho, Botswana, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
📊 It boasts more than 5 300 stores and 49 000 employees. Its stores take up retail space of approximately 2.4 million square meters. PEPCOR has more than 17 store brands, ranging from affordable clothing stores with low prices to high-end furniture stores. PEPCOR owns several well-known stores including Pep, Tekkie Town, Incredible Connection, HiFi Corporation, Timbercity and Rochester.
📊 Apart from the products that PEPCOR sells, the company also provides several services for their customers. Most of its stores provide opportunities for clients to pay utility bills, withdraw money, buy prepaid electricity, make use of a courier service as well as top up their airtime or data. The group’s stores are conveniently located at shopping centres.
You might also like: OLD MUTUAL PLC SHARES
HISTORY OF PEPCOR
- The first Pep Store is founded in 1901. The company changes its name to PEPCOR Holdings Ltd. in 1982. It starts acquiring numerous businesses and expands throughout Africa. The company acquires major businesses almost annually and soon grows into the successful business that it is today.
VISION & VALUES OF PEPCOR
- The company strives to supply quality products at affordable prices and has an excellent reputation because of it. Its goal is to provide its service to everyone, even low-income households.
- PEPCOR follows its Corporate Social Responsibility with passion. In 2018, the company’s subsidiary, FLASH, teams up with Operation Smile South Africa (OSSA), a non-profit organisation providing surgical assistance to unprivileged individuals with cleft lips and palates. FLASH contributes through funding and it will support the first ever surgical weekend in 2019 at the Witbank Provincial Hospital.
- Free surgeries will be performed on an initial 20 patients with cleft lips and/or cleft palates. This is just one example of the good work that PEPCOR does for the communities in need.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PEPCOR
- PEPCOR trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange under the JSE stock symbol PPH. The company’s shares can be found in the Retail Sector in Retail/Wholesale Industry.
- Analysis data for the company’s financial report for the six months ending March 31, 2019, shows a 7 percent growth in revenue to R35.3 billion. Operating profit is R3.4 billion, a growth of 25.2 percent. The clothing and general merchandise segment’s revenue growth is 5.2% to R23.1 billion, contributing 66% of the group revenue. Operating profit increased with 6.6% to R3.1 billion.
- The forecast for PEPCOR shares show positive returns for potential investors as the group’s business model grows from strength to strength.
You might also like: OLD MUTUAL SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PEPCOR Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PEPCOR STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PEPCOR STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PEPCOR stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PEPCOR stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NORTHAM PLATINUM SHARES