PEPSICO (PEP) Stocks
📊 PepsiCo Inc. is a leading beverage and food company that serves customers in more than 200 countries and produces an estimated 22 brands.
📊 The company is divided into six sectors. PepsiCo Beverages North America, Frito-Lay North America, Latin America, Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa, Quaker Foods North America and Asia, Middle East, North America.
You might also like: PAYPAL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PEPSICO
- Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay merges in 1965 and PepsiCo, Inc. is created. In 1966 PepsiCo branches spread to Eastern Europe and Japan. The company becomes the first American consumer product to be produced in the Soviet Union. PepsiCo buys Pizza Hut, Inc. in 1977 and the company’s portfolio starts to grow. A year later PepsiCo buys Taco Bell. The next decade sees the company expanding to other countries.
- By 1985 PepsiCo is the largest beverage company in the industry and products are available in almost 150 countries. PepsiCo purchases companies Walkers Crisps and Smith Crisps, which is leading snack food companies situated in the United Kingdom, as well as controlling interests in Mexico’s largest cookie company, Gamesa.
- In 2005 the first “green” distribution centre is opened and five years later the company has all-electricity trucks. PepsiCo celebrates its 50th anniversary as a food and beverage company.
VISION & VALUES OF PEPSICO
- PepsiCo embraces a new awareness in 2019 – to have a purpose and be the global leader in its field. The company aims to be faster in packaging, it will fortify businesses and focus on the markets while acting with integrity. PepsiCo believes that its success is dependent on the environment and community in which it operates.
- Protecting the planet plays a big role for the company. By investing in local solutions, PepsiCo will assist in providing access to clean water for more than 25 million people within the next five years. The company invests in funds to clean up poor waste management and is working with The Recycling Partnerships, which improves recycling and puts private funds to good use in the community.
- The PepsiCo Foundation assists young women to get a quality education and in doing so, provides a better future for the young leaders of today and tomorrow. The company’s Global Citizenship Giving for 2018 is a total of $122 million.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PEPSICO
- PepsiCo trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol PEP.
- Data analysis for PepsiCo’s financial highlight results for 2018 shows a net revenue of $64,661 million. Total operating profit is $10,620 million and free cash flow with certain items excluded is $7,631 million.
- Total shares purchased $2,000 million and total dividends paid is $4,930 million. The company has paid dividends since 1965. The price per share is decided by the PepsiCo board of directors.
You might also like: NVIDIA STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PEPSICO
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PEPSICO Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PEPSICO STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PEPSICO STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PEPSICO stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PEPSICO stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : MICROSOFT STOCKS