PFIZER (PFE) Stocks
📊 Pfizer Inc., a multinational pharmaceutical corporation, was founded in 1849, and has its headquarters in New York City in the United States. The company’s research headquarters is situated in Groton, Connecticut. Phizer ranks #57 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of the biggest U.S. corporations by revenue, and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
📊 The company was established as Charles Phizer and Company by German-American Charles Pfizer and his cousin, Charles F. Erhart from Germany. It was a chemical business that produced an antiparasitic called santonin. Although an instant success, the production of citric acid really stimulated the company’s growth in the 1880s.
📊 Pfizer Inc. develops and manufactures medicines and vaccines for a wide range of medical fields, such as oncology, cardiology, immunology, endocrinology and neurology. Some of its best known products include Lyrica for neuropathic pain and fibromyalgia; the blockbuster drug Lipitor that lowers LDL blood cholesterol; Diflucan, an oral antifungal medication; Viagra for erectile dysfunction; the antibiotic Zithromax; and Celebrex, an anti-inflammatory. The company’s global portfolio comprises medicines and vaccines, as well as consumer health-care products.
📊 Pfizer Inc. operates through two business segments, namely Pfizer Innovative Health (IH) and Pfizer Essential Health (EH). IH develops and markets vaccines and medicines that improve patients’ lives, as well as consumer health-care products. EH comprises legacy brands, branded generics, infusion systems, biosimilars and generic sterile injectable products.
📊 EH also includes a contract manufacturing business, and a research and development (R&D) organization. The company markets its products in more than 125 countries worldwide. Today, Pfizer Inc. employs more than 92 000 people globally.
You might also like: PEPSICO STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PFIZER
- Pfizer Inc. is divided into nine primary operating divisions: Primary Care, Specialty Care, Emerging Markets, Oncology, Emerging Markets, Established Products, Consumer Healthcare, Nutrition, Animal Health and Capsugel.
- The company’s research and development activities are organized into two segments, the PharmaTherapeutics Research & Development Group, and the Bio Therapeutics Research & Development Group. PharmaTherapeutics focuses on the discovery of small molecules and related modalities, whilst Bio Therapeutics concentrates on large-molecule research and vaccines. Pfizer invested US$8.1 billion in research and development in 2017 – the biggest- ever investment in the pharmaceutical industry.
- The company has research facilities in Pearl River, New York; Groton, Conneticut; La Jolla, California; South San Francisco, California; Cambridge, Massachusetts; St. Louis, Missouri; Sandwich and Cambridge in the United Kingdom, and in Chennai, India.
- In December 2018, Pfizer announced the merger of its consumer health-care division with UK pharma giant GlaxoSmithKline. The British company will maintain a controlling share of 68%. Pfizer is also in partnership with a Bar-Ilan University laboratory to develop medical DNA nanotechnology.
- Pfizer is also involved in the manufacturing and marketing of generics through its Greenstone subsidiary, and has a licensing deal with Aurobindo, which grant the company access to a range of oral solid generic products.
VALUES OF PFIZER
- The vision of founder, Charles Pfizer, was to make the world a healthier place through innovation. This still holds true in all of the company’s operations. Pfizer’s corporate responsibility programmes are designed to strengthen global public-health systems. The Pfizer Foundation invests in health-care innovations and provides skill-based volunteering that leads the way.
- The company constantly strives to sustain its position as the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical company. Pfizer’s success benefits patients, customers, business partners and shareholders alike.
- The company’s goal is to become the most valued company to everyone it comes in contact with. It is completely dedicated to humanity’s search for healthier and happier lives. To achieve this mission, Pfizer’s operations are based on values such as integrity, leadership, innovation, performance, teamwork, customer focus, accountability and respect for all people.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PFIZER
- Pfizer Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “PFE”.
- Its solid performance boosts investor confidence. In 2018, the company recorded revenue of US$53.64 billion and net income of US$11.15 billion, with total assets valued at US$159.42 billion.
- Shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can therefore expect sound dividends and returns.
You might also like: PAYPAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PFIZER
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PFIZER Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PFIZER STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PFIZER STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PFIZER stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PFIZER stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NVIDIA STOCKS