PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL (PM) Stocks
ABOUT PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL
📊 Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI), a global multinational cigarette and tobacco producer, was founded in 1847, and is headquartered in New York City, in the United States. Although the company is headquartered in the U.S., it does not operate in the country. Its subsidiary, Philip Morris USA, owns the Philip Morris brands in America.
📊 The company manufactures and sells cigarettes, other tobacco products, as well as other nicotine-containing products – both international and local brands – to more than 180 countries outside the U.S.
📊 The company’s history can be traced to London tobacconist, Phillip Morris, who opened his first tobacco shop in London’s Bond Street in 1847. His son, Leopard Morris, established “Phillip Morris & Company and Grunebaum Ltd”, together with Joseph Grunebaum. The company’s name was changed to Philip Morris & Co. Ltd. The company was incorporated in New York in 1902, and its US business was acquired in 1919 and incorporated as “Phillip Morris & Co. Ltd., Inc. in Virginia.
📊 PMI’s segments comprise European Union (EU); Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (EEMA); Asia, and Latin America & Canada. Its local and international brand portfolio is led by Marlboro.
📊 The company’s EU segment includes all the EU countries, as well as Switzerland, Norway and Iceland. The EEMA region comprises Eastern Europe, some of the Balkan countries, Turkey, the Middle East and Africa, as well as its international duty-free business. All the Asian markets are included in the Asia region, together with Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
📊 The Latin American & Canada region comprises South America, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean and Canada. The company’s other tobacco products (OTPs), comprise of tobacco for roll-your-own and make-your-own cigarettes, pipe tobacco, cigars and cigarillos.
PMI is highly controversial due to tobacco being addictive and the biggest cause of preventable death globally.
📊 Over the past few years, PMI has been the subject of restrictive legislation and litigation from governments. This led to the company declaring on its website its intention to replace cigarettes with smoke-free products, and to convert adult smokers to these products, to the benefit of the smokers themselves, as well as the company’s employees and shareholders.
📊 Today, PMI employs approximately 77 400 people worldwide.
You might also like: PFIZER STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL
- Philip Morris International was an operating company of Altria, until it was spun off in 2008 in order to enable the company to pursue sales growth in emerging markets, as it would have more freedom outside the constraints of U.S. corporate ownership in terms of litigation and legislation. Altria’s shareholders were given shares in PMI.
- Some of PMI’s subsidiaries include Sampoerna, PMFTC, Inc., Rothmans, Benson & Hedges, and Papastratos Philip Morris International. PMI has six multibillion dollar brands: Dji Sam Soe (Indonesia); L&M (launched by Liggett & Meyers in 1953); Longbeach (Australia and Indonesia); Marlboro, its premium brand launched in 1904; ST Dupont Paris (designed by Simson Tissot Dupont in 1902; and U Mild (launched in Indonesia in 1998 after the Indonesian revolution).
- The company’s mid-price brands also include L&M, Lark, Merit, Muratti and Philip Morris. Other international brands in its portfolio include Bond Street, Chesterfield, Next and Red & White.
- PMI is also developing Reduced-Risk Products (RRPs).
VALUES OF PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL
- Philip Morris International understands that smokers worldwide are looking for a less harmless, yet satisfying alternative to smoking. The company strives to give its clientele that choice.
- PMI’s vision is to one day replace cigarettes with smoke-free products that are a much safer choice than cigarette smoking. The company is also dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade.
- PMI is committed to being a good corporate citizen and a good employer. It acts in an environmentally and socially responsible manner at all times. The company takes its commitment to its employees and shareholders very seriously. It therefore continuously pursues its long-term vision for success.
- By being accountable for its actions, PMI fosters a foundation of trust and open dialogue upon which it builds its success, and bases all its future endeavours.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL
- Phillip Morris International Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “PM”.
- The company’s solid market performance boosts investor confidence as shareholders, who buy and sell company stock, can expect sound dividends and returns. At the end of October 2018, the company’s market capitalization was valued at more than US$138.4 billion.
- In 2018, it recorded revenue of US$79.82 billion, with total assets valued at US$39.80 billion.
You might also like: PEPSICO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL
Buy PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PAYPAL STOCKS