PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION (PNW) Stocks
ABOUT PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION
📊 Pinnacle West Capital Corporation is an electric utility holding company. The company’s assets are valued at $18 billion. Its portfolio includes the supply of regulated retail energy and energy related products, as well as the generation, transmission and distribution of energy to companies and residents in Arizona.
📊 The company’s subsidiary is an integrated electric utility company named Arizona Public Service Company, which offers its services to nearly 1.2 million customers. Long-term and short-term power contracts can be purchased for additional capacity as well as renewable energy.
📊 The company owns coal, oil and gas, solar and nuclear generating facilities.
📊 Pinnacle West Capital Corporation is an S&P 500 Index Company. Its headquarters is located in Phoenix, Arizona. The company has more than 6 300 employees working in its facilities across Arizona.
You might also like: PERRIGO STOCKS
HISTORY OF PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION
- Arizona Public Service Company is restructured as a holding company in 1985. It is a subsidiary of AZP Group, Inc. In 1987 AZP Group is renamed to Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and starts trading on the New York Stock Exchange under its new stock symbol (NYSE:PNW).
- The company buys MeraBank with assets valued at $6.5 billion. The transaction adds savings and loans to the company’s portfolio. The company experience hardships in 1990 and 1991. Due to the stock price plummeting, it has to discontinue paying dividends, something that it has done consecutively since 1920.
- By 1993 Pinnacle starts to show profit again. The stock price triples and the company starts paying dividends again. Pinnacle appears on the S&P MidCap 400 Index by 1995.
VISION & VALUES OF PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION
- Pinnacle West Capital Corporation has a vision to generate a sustainable energy future for its customers. The company focusses on delivering affordable and reliable energy while conserving the environment. Pinnacle manages environmental risks, provide environmental training and keeps to its Environmental Management System Policy.
- In 2018 Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiary, Arizona Public Service Company, contributes more than $10.8 million to organizations and causes in Arizona, especially ones that support the environment, arts and culture, education, civic and economic development as well as human services.
- Pinnacle employees volunteers approximately 121 000 hours and sits on nearly 300 non-profit organization boards of Arizona. More than $3.6 million are donated to educational programs of which $2.4 million are for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education.
- With its Supply My Class award programs, it donates $500 to 1 000 teachers each, assisting them in buying classroom supplies.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION
- Pinnacle West Capital Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “PNW”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 30, 2019 reports a total revenue of $672,912 thousand. Operating income for the reported period is $196,589 thousand and net income is $149,019 thousand.
- Total assets are $18,165,666 thousand and dividends paid on common stock are $161,979 thousand. Potential investors can buy shares at a good price.
You might also like: PERKINELMER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION
Buy PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PINNACLE WEST CAPITAL CORPORATION stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PEOPLE’S UNITED FINANCIAL STOCKS