PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP (PNC) Stocks
ABOUT PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
📊 PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (PNC), bank holding company and financial services corporation, had its origin in 1845. Today, the company’s headquarters is still located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the United States. Its banking subsidiary, PNC Bank, is active in 19 states and the District of Columbia. The bank has approximately 2 500 branches and operates more than 9 000 ATMs.
📊 PNC also offers financial services such as wealth- and asset management, estate planning, information processing and loan servicing. PNC is the 9th largest bank in the U.S, 6th largest by deposits, 5th largest by number of branches and 4th largest by number of ATMs.
📊 The company’s history can be traced back to the Pittsburgh Trust and Savings Company, which was founded in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania on April 10, 1845. The company changed its name to First National Bank of Pittsburgh in 1863, when it became the first bank in the U.S to apply for a national charter as part of that year’s National Banking Act. It received the 48th charter on August 5, 1963. .
📊 PNC derives its name from the initials of the bank’s two predecessor companies, Provident National Corporation and Pittsburgh National Corporation. These two companies merged in 1983. Today, the company employs approximately 53 000 people across all its branches.
You might also like: PHILLIPS 66 STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
- PNC Financial Services Group operates branches in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, Michigan, New Jersey, New, York, Ohio, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Wisconsin, Virginia and West Virginia. PNC is also one of the biggest Small Business Administration lenders.
- The PNC Asset Management Group (AMG) offers institutional asset management and wealth management services to high-net-worth individuals. It is the 16th largest wealth management firm with approximately US$48.8 billion in private client assets under management. Asset management services for family offices are provided by Hawthorn Family Wealth. PNC has also purchased 22% of BlackRock, the biggest asset management firm in the world by assets under management. The market value of this ownership interest was US$17.9 billion at the end of 2017. The PNC subsidiary, Harris Williams & Co., is one of America’s largest merger and acquisitions advisory firms for middle-market companies.
- PNC’s Virtual Wallet, a combination checking and savings account accessible via mobile app, features three integrated accounts, namely Spend (a checking account), Reserve (an interest-bearing account), and a savings account called Growth. This product targets the tech-savvy members of Generation Y and has millions of users.
- PNC Real Estate’s division, Midloan Loan Services specializes in commercial loan and CMBS portfolio servicing, and PNC/Midland is the 2nd biggest master and primary servicer of commercial bank and savings institution loans (as ranked by Mortgage Bankers Association).
VALUES OF PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
- The company regards its values as critical to its success, as they represent what PNC stands for. PNC expects it employs to demonstrate these values daily in their interaction with others.
- The company is customer-focussed and offer products that cater to its customers’ financial needs and goals in a transparent and consistent way. It delivers on its commitments at all times.
- PNC Financial Services Group conducts all of its operations with the highest ethical standards and believes in open communication in which all can feel free to raise concerns, should they arise. It strives for excellence, and offers its workforce a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can contribute to the success of the company. PNC also makes every effort to promote the personal and financial well-being of its employees, clientele and communities.
- PNC believes that, together with all its stakeholders, the company can achieve its goals and celebrate its successes.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
- PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “PNC”.
- Barron’s ranked the company as one of the top U.S.-based bank-held wealth managers in 2018. It enjoys continuous solid performance on the market which boosts investor confidence.
- For instance, in 2017 the company recorded revenue of US$16.329 billion, with net income of US$5.338 billion and total assets valued at US$380.768 billion. Investors, who buy or sell company shares, can therefore expect solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: OCCIDENTAL PETROLEUM STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PNC FINANCIAL SERVICES GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : NORTHROP GRUMMAN STOCKS