PROCTER & GAMBLE (PG) Stocks
ABOUT PROCTER & GAMBLE
📊 Procter & Gamble Company (P&G), a multinational consumer goods corporation, was founded in 1837, and has its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, in the United States. The company specializes in an extensive range of personal health/consumer health, and personal care and hygiene products.
📊 P&G was founded by English American William Procter and Irish American James Gamble as a soap and candle company. Today, it is the world’s biggest consumer goods company. P&G sells its wide range of products in over 180 countries through mass merchandisers, grocery stores, drug stores, distributers, speciality beauty stores, e-commerce, high-frequency stores and pharmacies.
📊 The company’s highly experienced teams are constantly working on exciting, technical projects. They are committed to making the world a better place through innovation and research.
📊 P&G products have a stellar reputation, developed through combining “what is needed” with “what is possible”. It has enhanced the functionality of living rooms, laundry rooms, nurseries and bathrooms for more than 180 years. Today, Procter & Gamble Company employs approximately 95 000 people at its operations worldwide.
You might also like: PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF PROCTER & GAMBLE
- Procter & Gamble Company operates through five divisions: Beauty; Grooming; Health Care; Fabric & Home Care; and Baby, Feminine & Family Care.
- The Beauty segment markets skin- and personal care products such as Olay, Old Spice and Safeguard. It also offers hair-care products such as Head & Shoulders, Pantene and Rejoice. The Grooming segment includes shave-care products and appliances under brands such as Gillette, Venus, Braun and Fusion.
- The Health Care division focuses on oral care products such as toothbrushes and toothpaste, as well as health care products such as gastrointestinal, respiratory and vitamin supplements. Brands include Crest, Oral-B, Prilosec and Vicks.
- Its Fabric & Home Care segment comprises fabric-care products such as detergents, additives and fabric enhancers, as well as home-care products such as dishwashing liquids and detergents, surface cleaners and air fresheners. Brands include Ariel, Downy, Gain and Tide, Cascade, Dawn, Febreze, Mr. Clean and Swiffer. Baby and Family Care comprises of brands such as Luvs, Pampers, Always, Tampax, Bounty and Charmin.
- In 2014, B&G decided to streamline its operations by selling off about 100 brands from its portfolio, in order to focus on its remaining 65 brands that comprised 95% of its profits. This was done to enable the company to be more manageable and less complex, in order to stimulate growth and development.
VALUES OF PROCTER & GAMBLE
- The company’s extended growth is made possible by three simple ideas: leadership, innovation and citizenship. Procter & Gamble is governed responsibly and ethically. The innovation, passion and insights of its talented workforce have developed the company into a global leader in its field.
- B&G believes that doing the right thing is the only thing, and that its brands have a unique purpose in the world. Universal respect is at the heart of the company’s core beliefs.
- Its driving force is its passion to make life better – not just within the company, but also in the wider world. It is committed to doing the best by its employees, consumers and all people. P&G also strives to be a model corporate citizen in the communities in which it operates. It has a strong sense of responsibility which is evident in all its operations. It values its reputation for trust and integrity which it has built over the years.
- The company believes in being transparent in all of its interactions. Its entrepreneurial spirit is characterized by a passion for innovation and a quest for excellence.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PROCTER & GAMBLE
- Procter & Gamble trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “PG”.
- The company has a strong financial presence in the market. In 2018 it reported earnings of US$9.750 billion and revenue of US$66.832 billion, which is an increase of 2.7% over the previous fiscal year.
- It also ranked #42 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list of biggest U.S. corporations by total revenue. These figures afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell B&G shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: PFIZER STOCKS
LATEST NEWS PROCTER & GAMBLE
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy PROCTER & GAMBLE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN PROCTER & GAMBLE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE PROCTER & GAMBLE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of PROCTER & GAMBLE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy PROCTER & GAMBLE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PEPSICO STOCKS