📊 Prosus N.V. is a global consumer internet group which has become one of the largest worldwide technology investors, with a diversified investment portfolio consisting of a broad global reach. The Group functions as the international assets’ division of Naspers and grew to its current stature through a history of key acquisitions.
📊 The Group began to expand its portfolio of internet firms in the 1990s, which it diversified with the purchase of online consumer services such as OLX, PayU, iFood, Delivery Hero, eMag, and Ctrip. The Group also commands the position as the largest shareholder of social internet platforms Tencent and the Mail.ru Group.
📊 The Group identifies investments that show fast growth potential with a significant impact on the communities in which they operate. To date, the Group has developed leading companies in over 120 countries by using a strategy of flexible engagement, matching growth strategies to individual company dynamics and the key expansion markets in which they operate. The Group uses a long-term growth perspective, investing off of its balance sheet to avoid the limitations of short-term funding in order to enhance performance.
📊 Data from the Group’s 2019 financial analysis shows a revenue increase of 29% to $ 19 billion, with an increase in trading profit of 22% to $ 3.3 billion, employing 20 196 people around the world.
📊 The Group’s Classifieds division employs 5 615 people across 38 countries. The divisional companies OLX, Avito and letgo were awarded the ranking of the top mobile classified’s app in over 22 countries. As such, the division recorded an increase in revenue of 39% to $ 875 million, and an increase in trading profit of over 100%, to $ 2 million.
📊 Prosus N.V has a primary listing on Euronext Amsterdam, and a secondary inward listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) as of 11 September 2019, where investors can buy shares under the stock symbol -PRX.
HISTORY OF PROSUS
- Prosus N.V is uniquely positioned as an investor and as an operator. The Group benefits from operations in local markets with the ability to drive organic and inorganic growth with early views on new emerging models. The Group also enjoys unrivaled access to investment opportunities and is uniquely positioned for global buy-and-builds. Strong revenue streams allow it to fund long-term growth at every stage of development.
- The Group has identified multiple drivers for sustained long-term growth, namely underlying market growth, in-market consolidation and expansion into new markets, expansion into adjacent verticals and ongoing investment in new categories.
- With rapid expansion in developing markets,
- Prosus N.V holds a high-value portfolio that can benefit from new growth while enjoying the position it already holds in its existing markets.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF PROSUS
- Prosus N.V opened trading with a strong performance, logging a share price trade of around 74.50 euro in Amsterdam, and R1 200 on the JSE.
- This shows a positive forecast for investors going forward.
- The Group’s strong track record and its unrivalled growth in both existing and new markets make this a solid buy-in with good long-term dividends on the JSE today.