QUANTA SERVICES (PWR) Stocks
ABOUT QUANTA SERVICES
📊 Quanta Services, Inc., a U.S. infrastructure services company, was incorporated on August 19, 1997 and has its headquarters in Houston, Texas. The company focuses on the provision of infrastructure services for electric power, pipeline, industrial and communications industries. These services comprise the planning, design, program management, installation, maintenance and repair of most types of network infrastructure.
📊 Deregulation in the electric utility industries in a number of U.S. states forced utilities to become more cost-competitive. Most began to outsource the infrastructure work to contractors who could do the job more efficiently.
📊 John Colson spearheaded the merger of four contracting firms in 1997 to form Quanta Services, Inc. These companies included Union Power Construction Co., Trans Tech Electric Inc., Potelco, Inc. and PAR. The new company recorded revenue of US$152 million in its first year, which has grown to more than US$11 billion over the past 20 years.
📊 Quanta Services, Inc. quickly established a reputation for excellence and has received many accolades over the years. These include # 4 on 2015 Forbes Most Trustworthy Large Companies and #1 on 2016 Engineer News Record Specialty Contractor, to name but two.
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 40 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: QORVO STOCKS
HISTORY OF QUANTA SERVICES
- Quanta Services, Inc. focuses its operations primary on the electric-power and oil and gas industries in the U.S., Canada and Australia, as well as other selected markets. The company operates through two segments: Electric Power Infrastructure Services and Oil and Gas Infrastructure Services. Electric Power Infrastructure Services offers network solutions to clients in the electric-power industry.
- Its services portfolio comprises the design, installation, upgrade, repair and maintenance of electric power transmission and distribution infrastructure and substation facilities, as well as other engineering and technical services. This division also offers emergency restoration service such as repair of infrastructure damaged by inclement weather and the upgrade of electric power infrastructure using bare-hand and hot-stick methods, to name but two. The segment also designs, installs and maintains renewable energy generation facilities, consisting of solar, wind and specific types of natural gas generation facilities, as well as related switch yards and transmission infrastructure.
- The Oil and Gas Infrastructure Services segment offers network solutions to customers in the development and transportation of natural gas, oil and other pipeline products. Services comprise the design, installation, repair and maintenance of pipeline distribution and transmission systems as well as gathering-, production- and storage systems.
- It also includes trenching, directional boring and automatic welding services, as well as pipeline protection, integrity testing, rehabilitation and replacement and fabrication of pipeline support systems, among other services.
VISION & VALUES OF QUANTA SERVICES
- Quanta Services, Inc. always puts people at the center of all of its operations. The company’s decisions are motivated by what will benefit its customers, employees and shareholders. This approach adds value for shareholders who purchase company shares.
- The company ascribes its success to the expertise and skill of its workforce whom it never takes for granted. It remains fully committed to safety, and values its long-standing relationships with clients, employees and stakeholders.
- The company’s core values, which make up its business, model comprises excellence, integrity, trust, innovation and transformation.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF QUANTA SERVICES
- Quanta Services, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “PWR”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- For the first quarter that ended March 31, 2019, the company recorded revenue of US$2.81 billion, compared to US$2.42 billion in the first quarter of 2018. Net income per share was $0.82 compared to the $0.24 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2018.
- These solid financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy or sell company shares in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: PVH STOCKS
LATEST NEWS QUANTA SERVICES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy QUANTA SERVICES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN QUANTA SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE QUANTA SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of QUANTA SERVICES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy QUANTA SERVICES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP STOCKS