QUEST DIAGNOSTICS (DGX) Stocks
ABOUT QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
📊 Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, an American provider of diagnostic information services, was incorporated on September 20, 1996 and has its headquarters in Secaucus, New Jersey in the United States. The company is the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services, ranging from routine blood tests to complex, gene-based and molecular testing.
📊 The company was founded in 1969 as Metropolitan Pathology Laboratory, Inc. by Paul A. Brown, MD and underwent a number of branding processes over the years. It became an independent corporation, Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, in 1996.
📊 Quest operates in the U.S., the United Kingdom, Mexico and Brazil. The company collaborates with hospitals and clinics across the globe. It provides diagnostic testing services for cancer, cardiovascular disease, infectious disease and neurological disorders as well as employment and court-ordered drug testing.
📊 The company has extensive experience in cancer and neurology, as well as cardiovascular and infectious diseases. Today, the company employs approximately 46 000 people across its operations.
You might also like: QUANTA SERVICES STOCKS
HISTORY OF QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated conducts its operations through two segments: Diagnostic Information Services and Diagnostic Solutions. Diagnostic Information Services offer information and insights on routine, non-routine and advanced clinical- and anatomic pathology testing and related services. It also provides testing solutions, including services for the predisposition, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of cancers and other diseases. This segment also provides diagnostic solutions for infectious diseases such as Focus Diagnostics offerings for Zika, West Nile Virus, Influenza A H1N1 and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome.
- The company’s Quanum health information technology solutions enable healthcare organizations and clinicians to improve health through diagnostic insights. It provides services under brands such as AmeriPath, Focus Diagnostics, Athena Diagnostics, ExamOne, Dermpath Diagnostics and Care360.
- The company’s Diagnostic Solutions segment offers risk assessment services for the life insurance industry, as well as health information technology solutions to healthcare organizations and clinicians. It provides risk assessment services through ExamOne to the life insurance industry in the U.S.
- These risk assessment services comprise data gathering, paramedical examinations and clinical laboratory testing and analytics to enable life insurers to evaluate the mortality risks of applicants. Its healthcare information technology offerings include its Quanum EHR offering through which clinicians can generate a complete record of a patient’s clinical encounter, can streamline workflow and provide clinical decision support tools.
- The MyQuest patient healthcare portal enables patients to manage their medical information as it provides Quest Diagnostics test results through smartphones and computers.
VISION & VALUES OF QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated’s mission is to be the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. The company is passionate about empowering people to take action to improve health outcomes.
- Its business model is characterized by a set of core values that add value for its clients and shareholders who purchase company shares.
- These values include quality, integrity, innovation, accountability and leadership.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “DGX”. The company is an S&P 500 component.
- The company reported full- year total revenue of US$7.53 billion, an increase of 1.7% over the 2017 fiscal cycle. Full-year cash provided for operations during 2018 was US$2.2 billion, an increase of 2.2% from 2017.
- The company’s full-year 2019 reported diluted EPS is expected to be greater than $5.16.
You might also like: QORVO STOCKS
LATEST NEWS QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy QUEST DIAGNOSTICS Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN QUEST DIAGNOSTICS STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE QUEST DIAGNOSTICS STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of QUEST DIAGNOSTICS stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy QUEST DIAGNOSTICS stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PVH STOCKS