ABOUT QUILTER PLC
📊 Quilter PLC, formerly known as Old Mutual Wealth Management Limited, boasts a rich history of more than 170 years. This South African company was founded in 1845 as The Mutual Life Assurance Society of the Cape of Good Hope. Over time, its name slowly whittled down in length, until it became a one-word company, Quilter. Since its establishment, the company has grown from a small life insurance company into a leading global wealth management company.
📊 Quilter PLC is listed on the London Stock Exchange and has secondary listings on the Johannesburg, Namibia, Malawi and Zimbabwe stock exchanges. It trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange(JSE) under the stock symbol “QLT”.
📊 The company offers wealth management and investment advice to a global clientele. It also offers life insurance options. In September 2018, the company recorded more than a €100 billion worth of investments by approximately one million customers.
You might also like: PSG SHARES
HISTORY OF QUILTER PLC
- The company has a stellar record of achieving great things throughout its history. A good example is its relocation in 1956 to the Mutual Park office block in Pinelands, Cape Town, which at the time was the biggest office block in the southern hemisphere. Today, the company employs more than 31 000 people across its operations globally. It takes great pride in its ability to supply its clientele with sound financial advice. The company’s business ethos is based on a client-first approach. Each investment is perfectly tailored to the client’s personal needs. This approach to business fosters healthy client- and stakeholder relationships and adds value for its stakeholders.
- Despite the company’s numerous name changes over the years, its core values and business expertise remained steadfast. By continuously acquiring new assets, Quilter plc managed to maintain steady growth and acquire shares in major financial and banking institutions worldwide. It can therefore be said with confidence that the company manages one of the biggest wealth markets in the world which is still growing. This creates investor confidence. Shareholder can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
- The Quilter PLC group conducts its business through two segments: Advice Wealth Management and Wealth Platforms. Brands under the Wealth Management section include Intrinsic, Quilter Private Client Advises, Quilter Investors and Quilter Cheviot. This division manages approximately €87 billion worth of assets through Quilter Wealth Solutions, Quilter Life Assurance and Quilter International. The company’s extensive product portfolio and wide international presence makes buying into the Quilter group and attractive prospect for serious investors.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF QUILTER PLC
- Quilter PLC has a stellar track-record of accomplishments which spans over almost two centuries. The company boasts a wealth of investment and life insurance experience which fosters confidence in its abilities among clients and investors alike.
- The company provides investment products which are entirely designed around its clients’ appetite for risk. It caters to individual needs – there is an option for everyone. Quilter plc’s extensive global footprint and rich history boosts investor confidence. Shareholders can expect sound dividends and returns on their investment.
You might also like: PSG KONSULT SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy QUILTER PLC Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN QUILTER PLC STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE QUILTER PLC STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of QUILTER PLC stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy QUILTER PLC stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PIONEER FOODS SHARES