RALPH LAUREN (RL) Stocks
ABOUT RALPH LAUREN
📊 Ralph Lauren Corporation Class A is a design, marketing and distributor of lifestyle products. The company’s product portfolio includes various brands of bedding and bath products, fragrances, furniture, wallpaper, accessories, footwear, leather goods, hats, eyewear, watches, jewelry and clothing for men, women and children. Popular brands names include Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Double RL, Chaps and Club Monaco.
📊 The company operates through its three segments. Wholesale, Retail and Licensing. The Wholesale segment includes department store and global specialty store sales.
📊 The Retail segment includes sales made through retail channels, online purchases and concession-based shops. The company’s Licensing segment includes royalty-based agreements for products.
📊 Ralph Lauren Corporation is headquartered in New York City and it employs more than 18 250 people. The company is an S&P 500 company.
You might also like: QUEST DIAGNOSTICS STOCKS
HISTORY OF RALPH LAUREN
- In 1937 the company is founded. It originally sells ties for men. Lauren works for the tie manufacturer and convince him to let him design his own line. He names it Polo.
- In 1969 a department store in Manhattan, named Bloomingdale’s, sells Lauren’s men line. By 1971 the Ralph Lauren Corporation launches presents a line of tailored clothes for women.
- In 1972 Ralph Lauren opens his first store in Beverly Hills. Clothes are sold with Polo and Lacoste logos. The company launches its first fragrances in 1978. In the early 1980’s the company expands to the European markets.
- In 1997 Ralph Lauren starts trading publicly on the New York Stock Exchange. Ralph Lauren enters the restaurant business in 1999.
- In 2000 the company launches its online shop, polo.com. The company buys the NBC share of RL Media and re-launches its website.
VISION & VALUES OF RALPH LAUREN
- Ralph Lauren Corporation’s goal is to eliminate the use of harmful chemicals in its product development by 2025. The company will achieve 100 percent transparency of its chemical usage by 2020.
- 100 percent of key materials used in its products will become sustainable by 2025. Cotton will be sustainably sourced by 2025.
- The company commits to using 170 million recycled plastic bottles in its products by 2025. It is aiming to set up science-based greenhouse gas reduction targets and will become 100 percent reliable on renewable energy.
- The company aims to achieve zero waste to landfill across its distribution centers and minimize water usage with 20 percent. Ralph Lauren’s packaging will be recyclable by 2025.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF RALPH LAUREN
- Ralph Lauren Corporation Class A trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “RL”.
- Data analysis for the company’s quarterly period ending June 29, 2019 reports total assets of $7,343.7 million. Total equity is $3,012.8 million. Net revenues are $1,428.8 million and gross profit is $920.8 million. Operating income is $143.3 million. Net income is $117.1 million.
- Dividends declared are $0.6875 per share. Potential investors can buy shares now at an affordable price.
You might also like: QUANTA SERVICES STOCKS
LATEST NEWS RALPH LAUREN
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy RALPH LAUREN Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN RALPH LAUREN STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE RALPH LAUREN STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of RALPH LAUREN stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy RALPH LAUREN stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : QORVO STOCKS