RAYTHEON (RTN) Stocks
📊 The Raytheon Company, a leading U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation, was founded in 1922 and has its headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts, in the United States.
📊 Originally established in 1922 by Laurence K. Marshall and Vannvar Bush as the American Appliance Company, it was reincorporated in 1928, and adopted its current name in 1959.
📊 Raytheon Company has core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics. It provides electronics, mission systems integration and related capabilities in the areas of sensing, effects, and command, control, communications and intelligences systems. It also offers a wide range of mission support services. The company produces air-, sea-, and land-launched missiles, weapon sights and targeting systems, aircraft radar systems, satellite components, and communication- and battle-management systems. The company is the world’s largest producer of missiles.
📊 Apart from its production facilities in the U.S., Raytheon also has facilities in other countries, such as Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Chile, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, New Zeeland, Korea, Singapore and Spain, to name but a few.
📊 The top-10 institutional shareholders of the company are Barrow, Hanley, Mewhinney & Strauss, Wellington Management Company, BlackRock Institutional Trust Company, BlackRock Advisors, Bank of America, Bank of New York Mellon, Deutsche Bank, State Street Corporation and Macquarie Group.
📊 In the past few years, Raytheon has expanded its operations into other fields. It has identified 5 key strategic business areas in which it is focussing its expertise and resources: Homeland Security, Missile Defense, Precision Engagement, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR).
📊 Today, the company employs approximately 67 000 people across its various operations.
You might also like: PUBLIC STORAGE STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF RAYTHEON
- Raytheon Company operates through five primary U.S. business segments: Integrated Defense Systems, based in Tewksbury, Massachusetts; Intelligence, Information and Services, based in Dulles, Virginia; Missile Systems, based in Tucson, Arizona; Space and Airborne Systems, based in McKinney, Texas, and Forcepoint, based in Austin, Texas.
- The company’s businesses are supported by a number of dedicated international operations, such as Raytheon Australia; Raytheon Canada Limited; Raython Microelectronics in Spain, Raytheon UK, and ThalesRaytheonsSystems, France.
- The Integrated Defense Systems division offers integrated air- and missile defense; land- and sea-based radar solutions; command, communications, control, cyber, computers and intelligence solutions; and ship electronic and naval combat systems for its clients to purchase. It also develops and manufactures sensors and mission systems. The Intelligence, Information and Services segment provides technical and professional services to intelligence, defense, federal and commercial customers. It specializes in intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR); navigation: DoD space and weather solutions; cyber security, analytics, training, logistics and mission support, to name but a few.
- Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems segment is involved in the design and manufacture of integrated sensor and communication systems for missions.
The company’s air-traffic control systems include the FIRSTplus Air Traffic Control Simulator, AutoTrac lll ATM System, and STARS. Its radars and sensor portfolio include the APG-63/APG-70 radars for the F-15 Eagle; APG-65/APG-79 radars for the F/A-18 Hornet; APG-77 radar for the F-22 Raptor and the APG-84 RACR radar.
VALUES OF RAYTHEON
- Raytheon Company operates as a global team to create trusted and innovative solutions to make the world safer. It believes that collaboration fuels more powerful ideas and opens up more opportunities to achieve shared objectives.
- The company takes pride in its ethical culture and believes in doing the right thing every time. This creates trust within its global clientele and adds value for its shareholders.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF RAYTHEON
- Raytheon Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “RTN”.
- The company continuously reports strong results, and its steady financial performance boosts investor confidence. In 2018, it reported revenue of US$27.1 billion, net income of US$2.909 billion with total assets valued at US$31.86 billion.
- Its full-year net sales increased by 6.7% compared to the previous fiscal cycle. Shareholders who buy or sell company shares can look forward to solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: PRUDENTIAL FINANCIAL STOCKS
LATEST NEWS RAYTHEON
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy RAYTHEON Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN RAYTHEON STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE RAYTHEON STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of RAYTHEON stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy RAYTHEON stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PROGRESSIVE STOCKS