REDEFINE PROPERTIES (RDF) Shares
ABOUT REDEFINE PROPERTIES
📊 Redefine Properties was first established in 1999 under the Redefine Income Fund, and today the group owns a high-value portfolio of managed office, retail and industrial properties across South Africa, as well as international assets in Australia and Europe. The group owns over 330 properties with a total value of more than R65 billion, and an average property value of approximately R154 million. Though the company enjoys a wide geographical footprint, its South African market remains important, delivering 84.5% of its asset value, while Europe accounts for 7.5 % and Australia for 7.8%
📊 The company functions along a strategy of acquiring high-end properties in sought-after locations to attract top-tier tenants.
📊 Redefine Properties trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol –RDF with a market cap of over R52 billion. The company is also listed on the London Stock Exchange under Redefine International PLC, and through Cromwell Property Group on the Australian Stock Exchange.
📊 The company differentiates itself in the market with a four-tiered ethos which dictates that its operations should be brave, ethical, trustworthy and sustainable.
📊 The company strives to be brave through excellence and the pursuit of innovation in order to respond to consumer trends. It aims to be ethical through the integrity of its relationship with its shareholders, remaining fair and consistent. The company strives to earn trust and forge relationships with the communities in which it operates. Finally, the company works sustainably by creating lasting value and considering the long-term impacts of its operations.
You might also like: RCL FOODS SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF REDEFINE PROPERTIES
- Redefine Properties has been able to weather a tricky economic climate through a number of valuable acquisitions, reporting a strong performance and a solid share price on the JSE, while its industrial property portfolio came through relatively unscathed.
- A particularly prominent acquisition was the purchase of the Fountainhead Property Trust’s portfolio for R14 billion in 2015, as well as the Macsteel portfolio for R2.7 billion and the Western Cape-based Leaf Capital office portfolio for R4.1 billion.
- The Fountainhead acquisition allowed the group to enter a valuable property sector, redirecting lucrative income streams to the group’s own coffers from the well-performing local economy of the Western Cape.
- Financial data reflected an increase in profit of to R5.7 billion in 2015 alone, with shareholders receiving a 7.3% increase in dividends per share for the same year. Building on this solid performance, the group has moved to diversify internationally, notably with the R704 million investment in Germany as well as the increase of its stake in Cromwell in Australia.
- Redefine’s decision in 2016 to enter the Polish property market will prove particularly shrewd, with demand for retail and office property ever increasing in that burgeoning economy. This move was made with a 75% stake in a prominent commercial platform consisting of 18 properties.
- Added to this, Redefine has also set out to broaden its income base by penetrating new market segments, when it made a 51% investment in student housing company Republica.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF REDEFINE PROPERTIES
- While the live online stock charts show a recent decline in Redefine Properties share price on the JSE, analyst forecasts indicate that its variety of lucrative and shrewd investments will reap rewards for investors down the line.
- The company’s diversification into the Polish property market will prove particularly lucrative, with Eastern European economies indicating strong growth and increasing demand to buy into retail and commercial property. All in all, Redefine shares are considered a good long-term buy for those who choose to purchase them on the JSE in 2019 and beyond.
You might also like: RAND MERCHANT INVESTMENT SHARES
Buy REDEFINE PROPERTIES stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase REDEFINE PROPERTIES Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy REDEFINE PROPERTIES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN REDEFINE PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE REDEFINE PROPERTIES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of REDEFINE PROPERTIES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy REDEFINE PROPERTIES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : QUILTER PLC SHARES