REPUBLIC SERVICES (RSG) Stocks
ABOUT REPUBLIC SERVICES
📊 Republic Services Inc. is a public company and the second biggest provider of non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling and energy services, by revenue, in the United States. The company helps its more than 14 million customers lessen their impact on the environment.
📊 Republic Services Inc. operates more than 5.1 million pick-ups every day while responsibly managing an evolving waste stream. Through its collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills, the company focuses on providing its customers with reliable and effective environmental solutions and services – making proper waste disposal and recycling effortless.
📊 From December 2017 the company has been operating in 40 U.S. states and Puerto Rico. This is done through 343 collection operations, 204 transfer stations, 90 recycling centers, 195 active landfills, 11 salt water disposal wells and 7 treatment, recovery and disposal facilities. The company also operated 68 renewable energy and landfill gas projects. It also had post-closure responsibility for 124 landfills that have closed.
📊 Republic realigns its field support functions in 2016 by combining its three regions into two field groups, streamlining select operational support roles at its headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona and consolidating its areas.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 1998 when it was founded. Today it has more than 35 000 employees. Republic’s subsidiaries include Area Disposal, Inc., Allied Waste Systems, Inc., Tayman Industries, Inc., Solano Garbage Co, Envirocycle Inc. and Sanifill Inc.
Republic Services Inc. is owned by Cascade Investment (30.9%)
HISTORY OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- In 1981 Republic Industries is founded as a waste disposal firm. In the 1990s the company starts buying auto dealerships and car rental agencies. It spins off Republic Services as an IPO in 1998 and changes its name to AutoNation.
- Ten years later Republic becomes the U.S.’s second biggest waste management company after buying Allied Waste Industries – its larger competitor. The transaction is completed for $6.1 billion in Republic stock.
- The company’s name remains Republic Services after the merger. Republic Services Inc. retains the number two position in the industry with its 2017 revenue of more than $10 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- Republic Services values the protection of the earth for generations to come. Its experience and ethical standards drives it to do more, innovate more, solve more and turn waste into solutions while protecting the planet.
- The company invests in its communities with contributions that vary from financial support to volunteer time as well as providing in-kind donations of services and products to sustain the planet.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- Republic Services Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “RSG”. It is an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 component.
- In July 2019 the company reports its second quarter 2019 financial results.
- Republic reports net income of $251.5 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, for the three months ended June 30, 2019, compared to $234.9 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, for the same period in 2018.
LATEST NEWS REPUBLIC SERVICES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy REPUBLIC SERVICES Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN REPUBLIC SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE REPUBLIC SERVICES STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of REPUBLIC SERVICES stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy REPUBLIC SERVICES stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?