REPUBLIC SERVICES (RSG) Stocks
ABOUT REPUBLIC SERVICES
📊 Republic Services Inc. is a public company and the second biggest provider of non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, recycling and energy services, by revenue, in the United States. The company helps its more than 14 million customers lessen their impact on the environment.
📊 Republic Services Inc. operates more than 5.1 million pick-ups every day while responsibly managing an evolving waste stream. Through its collection companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills, the company focuses on providing its customers with reliable and effective environmental solutions and services – making proper waste disposal and recycling effortless.
📊 From December 2017 the company has been operating in 40 U.S. states and Puerto Rico. This is done through 343 collection operations, 204 transfer stations, 90 recycling centers, 195 active landfills, 11 salt water disposal wells and 7 treatment, recovery and disposal facilities. The company also operated 68 renewable energy and landfill gas projects. It also had post-closure responsibility for 124 landfills that have closed.
📊 Republic realigns its field support functions in 2016 by combining its three regions into two field groups, streamlining select operational support roles at its headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona and consolidating its areas.
📊 The company’s history dates back to 1998 when it was founded. Today it has more than 35 000 employees. Republic’s subsidiaries include Area Disposal, Inc., Allied Waste Systems, Inc., Tayman Industries, Inc., Solano Garbage Co, Envirocycle Inc. and Sanifill Inc.
Republic Services Inc. is owned by Cascade Investment (30.9%)
HISTORY OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- In 1981 Republic Industries is founded as a waste disposal firm. In the 1990s the company starts buying auto dealerships and car rental agencies. It spins off Republic Services as an IPO in 1998 and changes its name to AutoNation.
- Ten years later Republic becomes the U.S.’s second biggest waste management company after buying Allied Waste Industries – its larger competitor. The transaction is completed for $6.1 billion in Republic stock.
- The company’s name remains Republic Services after the merger. Republic Services Inc. retains the number two position in the industry with its 2017 revenue of more than $10 billion.
VISION & VALUES OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- Republic Services values the protection of the earth for generations to come. Its experience and ethical standards drives it to do more, innovate more, solve more and turn waste into solutions while protecting the planet.
- The company invests in its communities with contributions that vary from financial support to volunteer time as well as providing in-kind donations of services and products to sustain the planet.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF REPUBLIC SERVICES
- Republic Services Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the NYSE stock symbol “RSG”. It is an S&P 500 and Fortune 500 component.
- In July 2019 the company reports its second quarter 2019 financial results.
- Republic reports net income of $251.5 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, for the three months ended June 30, 2019, compared to $234.9 million, or $0.71 per diluted share, for the same period in 2018.