SALESFORCE.COM (CRM) Stocks
📊 Salesforce.com, Inc. (abbreviated as SF or SFDC), a cloud-based software company founded in 1999, is headquartered in San Francisco, California, in the United States.
📊 The company was established by former Oracle executive, Mark Benioff, together with Parker Harris, Dave Moellenhoff and Frank Dominquez, as a software as a service (SaaS) provider. Although the majority of its revenue is derived from its customer-relationship management (CRM) services, Salesforce also supplies a range of enterprise applications that focuses on customer service, analytics and application development, and marketing automation.
📊 The company’s CRM service is divided into several broad segments: Commerce Cloud; Sales Cloud; Service Cloud; Data Cloud (including Jigsaw); Community Cloud (including Chatter); Marketing Cloud; Analytics Cloud; App Cloud, and Internet of Things (IoT) with more than 100 000 customers.
📊 The company also has regional headquarters in Switzerland (for Europe the Middle East, Africa and Singapore), India (for Asia Pacific minus Japan), and Tokyo (covering Japan). Its other major offices are situated in Toronto, Chicago, New York City, London, Sydney, Dublin, Hyderabad, San Mateo, California, Indianapolis, and Hillsboro, Oregon. Today, the company employs approximately 35 000 people worldwide.
You might also like: QUALCOMM STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF SALESFORCE.COM
- Salesforce.com’s services have been translated into 16 different languages and its website boasts more than 2.1 million subscribers. The company’s customer portal enables its clients to track their own cases and includes a plug-in that enables users to join the conversation about their company on social networking websites. It also offers analytical tools and other services including email alert, Google search and access to customers’ contracts.
- The company offers professional cloud service such as consulting, training, deployment and user-focuses design and integration to assist customers in achieving quicker business results through the adoption of Salesforce solutions.
- It also offers education service options to its customers and partners, such as introductory online courses and architecture certifications, to name but two. The company’s Trailhead learning platform gives customers access to free online courses on topics such as utilizing its services and developing on its platform.
- It also offers advanced instructor-led courses to certify customers on architecting, administering, deploying and developing its service offerings. Customers, who subscribe to the company’s service plans, also have access to a variety of free educational classes.
- Saleforce.com’s subsidiaries include Quip, Demandware, Heroku and MuleSoft.
VALUES OF SALESFORCE.COM
- Salesforce.com is committed to creating a sustainable future for all – its employees, shareholders, and communities in which it operates.
- The nature of its business is to improve the state of the world. The company does that by providing a platform for change. It works actively towards creating a sustainable, low-carbon future.
- The company is committed to delivering a carbon neutral cloud, and it operates as a net-zero greenhouse gas emissions entity. It takes bold action when required, and always looks for innovative ways to create better opportunities for all.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SALESFORCE.COM
- Salesforce.com trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol “CRM”.
- In 2018, the company reported earnings of US$127 million, with revenue of US$10.480 billion, which represents a 24.9% increase over the previous year. Its total assets are currently valued at US$30.73 billion.
- These sound financials afford shareholders the confidence to buy and sell company stock in the expectation of lucrative dividends and returns.
You might also like: PROCTER & GAMBLE STOCKS
LATEST NEWS SALESFORCE.COM
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SALESFORCE.COM Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SALESFORCE.COM STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SALESFORCE.COM STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SALESFORCE.COM stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SALESFORCE.COM stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : PHILIP MORRIS INTERNATIONAL