📊 Sasol Limited is a global integrated chemicals and energy company that was founded in South Africa in 1950. It is headquartered in Sandton, Johannesburg, in the Gauteng Province of S.A.
📊 The company develops and commercializes technologies, and builds and operates world-class facilities to produce a wide portfolio of high-value product streams such as liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon electricity. The company operates in more than 33 countries globally. Today, it employs approximately 32 000 people across its operations worldwide.
📊 Sasol Limited trades since 1979 on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol “SOL”. The company also listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 2003.
📊 Although Sasol Limited’s main focus is still South Africa, it also has profitable business ventures elsewhere in Africa, as well as in Australia and Asia, and the North American continent.
📊 The company’s major shareholders include the South African Government Employees Pension Fund, Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited (IDC), Allan Gray Investment Council, Coronation Fund Managers, Investec Asset Management, and others.
You might also like: SAPPI SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF SASOL
- Although the market and political arenas have undergone major changes in South Africa over the years, the company has kept up with these changes and positioned itself accordingly to stay a leader in its field of expertise.
- Sasol limited is governed by a set of core values such as safety, integrity, accountability and hard work. It also invests in its people and offers extensive training and bursary programmes for smart graduates. Its advanced technologies set the benchmark globally and enable the company to produce liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon energy in cost-effective and environmentally sustainable ways. The company’s integrity is trusted by its partners and investors.
- Sasol has undertaken to reduce carbon emissions and increase production through eco-friendly business practices. As a token of its commitment to decrease its environmental footprint, the company has developed the Sasolburg Eco-Industrial Park where it plans to create sustainable energy options for the future.
- All these endeavours stimulate growth and add value for shareholders. Investors can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SASOL
- Since its inception, Sasol has been a world leader in chemical and industrial research. The company is steadfast in it endeavour to create innovative energy solution in South Africa and across the world. The company’s clean track record and sound financial performance and growth, clearly illustrate its commitment to the development of clean energy.
- It is apparent that Sasol is not afraid of change and can adapt successfully to changing marketing conditions. This dedication boosts investor confidence and makes Sasol shares a very attractive buy.
You might also like: SANTAM SHARES
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SASOL Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SASOL STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SASOL STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SASOL stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SASOL stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SANLAM SHARES