📊 Sasol Limited is a global integrated chemicals and energy company that was founded in South Africa in 1950. It is headquartered in Sandton, Johannesburg, in the Gauteng Province of S.A.
📊 The company develops and commercializes technologies, and builds and operates world-class facilities to produce a wide portfolio of high-value product streams such as liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon electricity. The company operates in more than 33 countries globally. Today, it employs approximately 32 000 people across its operations worldwide.
📊 Sasol Limited trades since 1979 on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) under the stock symbol “SOL”. The company also listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in 2003.
📊 Although Sasol Limited’s main focus is still South Africa, it also has profitable business ventures elsewhere in Africa, as well as in Australia and Asia, and the North American continent.
📊 The company’s major shareholders include the South African Government Employees Pension Fund, Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa Limited (IDC), Allan Gray Investment Council, Coronation Fund Managers, Investec Asset Management, and others.
VISION & VALUES OF SASOL
- Although the market and political arenas have undergone major changes in South Africa over the years, the company has kept up with these changes and positioned itself accordingly to stay a leader in its field of expertise.
- Sasol limited is governed by a set of core values such as safety, integrity, accountability and hard work. It also invests in its people and offers extensive training and bursary programmes for smart graduates. Its advanced technologies set the benchmark globally and enable the company to produce liquid fuels, chemicals and low-carbon energy in cost-effective and environmentally sustainable ways. The company’s integrity is trusted by its partners and investors.
- Sasol has undertaken to reduce carbon emissions and increase production through eco-friendly business practices. As a token of its commitment to decrease its environmental footprint, the company has developed the Sasolburg Eco-Industrial Park where it plans to create sustainable energy options for the future.
- All these endeavours stimulate growth and add value for shareholders. Investors can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SASOL
- Since its inception, Sasol has been a world leader in chemical and industrial research. The company is steadfast in it endeavour to create innovative energy solution in South Africa and across the world. The company’s clean track record and sound financial performance and growth, clearly illustrate its commitment to the development of clean energy.
- It is apparent that Sasol is not afraid of change and can adapt successfully to changing marketing conditions. This dedication boosts investor confidence and makes Sasol shares a very attractive buy.