SEVEN WEST MEDIA (SWM) Shares
ABOUT SEVEN WEST MEDIA
📊 Seven West Media Limited is a multiple platform media company with free to air television broadcasting, newspaper and magazine publishing, online and radio broadcasting, and a subscription video on demand service as principal activities.
📊 It leads in broadcast television, radio, newspaper publishing, magazine publishing and online services in Australia.
📊 The group was founded in 1992 and its headquarters are in Perth, Western Australia. Seven Group Holdings Ltd (SGH), controlled by Australian Capital Equity, is its largest shareholder with 33.2% of Seven West Media shares and $ 250 million Seven West Media convertible preference shares (CPS).
📊 Seven Network (known as Channel 7 or Seven)’s history dates to 1956, when its first stations were established in Melbourne and Sydney.
OVERVIEW OF SEVEN WEST MEDIA
- Seven West Media Limited operates through several segments. The Television segment produces and operates commercial television programming and stations. The Newspapers segment publishes newspapers and insert magazines in West Australia. The Pacific segment publishes magazines in print and digital editions, as well as social and e-commerce publications.
- The Other Business and New Ventures segments consists of equity accounted investees, radio stations broadcasting in regional areas of Western Australia.
- RED Live owns the Seven Network, Australia’s largest commercial television network and Pacific Magazines, publisher of leading lifestyle brands including Marie Claire, Better Homes and Gardens and New Idea.
- It also owns the West Australian and Kalgoorlie Miner, daily newspapers in Western Australia, The Sunday Times, the state’s only Sunday paper, 21 Western Australian regional newspapers and nine regional radio licenses.
VISION & VALUES OF SEVEN WEST MEDIA
- Seven West Media Limited’s three core values act as guiding principles and help them to achieve their strategic objectives.
- They are passionate about excellence in all they do, from storytelling to delighting customers and say they are there to make a difference – to the audience, their customers and their own people.
- We always think and act with our customers in mind and hold each other accountable for delivering results and meeting commitments.
- They focus to improve ratings and revenue performance, grow returns on content investment, create, secure and curate the best local and international content.
- Seven West Media Limited follows this sustainable value chain to ensure that current and future needs of customers are met and aims to maximise returns, income levels, growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with them.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SEVEN WEST MEDIA
- Seven West Media Limited’s shares trade on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the stock symbol SWM, listed in the Consumer Discretionary sector.
- The company’s performance in 2019 include a statutory loss before tax of $ 433.6 million for the year ended 29 June 2019, compared to the previous corresponding year’s statutory profit before tax of $ 188.8 million. Excluding significant items, the current year profit after tax of $ 129.3 million is down 7.9 % on the previous year profit of $ 140.4 million.
- Due to Seven West Media Limited’s performance on this market shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns in 2019 and further.
Buy SEVEN WEST MEDIA stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SEVEN WEST MEDIA Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SEVEN WEST MEDIA Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SEVEN WEST MEDIA STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SEVEN WEST MEDIA STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SEVEN WEST MEDIA stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SEVEN WEST MEDIA stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?