SHARP (TYO: 6753) Shares
📊 Sharp Corporation is a Japanese multinational corporation that designs and manufactures electronic products. It headquarters in Sakai-ku, Sakai and has a workforce of over 50 000 people worldwide. Since 2016 it has been a subsidiary of Taiwan-based Foxconn Group.
📊 In 1912, a metal workshop was started by Tokuji Hayakawa in Tokyo. The Ever-Sharp mechanical pencil invented by him in 1915, was where the company derived its name from. The company was first established as Hayakawa Metal Works in 1924, and in 1942, the name was changed to Hayakawa Electric Industry Company.
📊 Sharp bought a controlling stake in Pioneer Corporation in 2007. In 2012 the Taiwan-based electronics company Hon Hai, trading as Foxconn, bought a 10% stake in Sharp Corporation. In 2016, Foxconn bought 66% controlling stake in Sharp.
📊 Foxconn wished to use the purchase to expand into direct-to-consumer product sales rather than serving as a contract manufacturer. Finally, in 2017, Sharp turned its first operating profit in three years, citing the restructuring efforts by Foxconn.
OVERVIEW OF SHARP
Sharp Corporation is involved in the manufacturing and sale of telecommunications equipment, electric and electronic application equipment, and electronic components. The Company operates through seven divisions.
- The IT Communication division provides mobile phones, tablet terminals, electronic dictionaries, calculators and facsimiles, among others. The Health & Environment System division provides refrigerator, overheated steam oven, microwave oven, small cooking appliances. The Business Solution division provides Point of Sale (POS) system equipment, electronic register, business projector, information display, among others.
- The Camera Module division provides camera modules, camera module manufacturing facilities. The Electronic Device division provides sensor module, proximity sensor and dust sensor, among others. The Energy Solution division provides solar cell, and storage battery. The Display Device division provides liquid crystal diode (LCD) color TV and Blu-ray disc recorder.
VISION & VALUES OF SHARP
Sharp Corporation does not merely seek to expand its business volume, but are dedicated to the use of its unique, innovative technology to contribute to the culture, benefits and welfare of people throughout the world.
- The company is dedicated to two principal ideals – sincerity and creativity. By committing to these ideals, it can derive genuine satisfaction from its work, while making a meaningful contribution to society.
- Sharp Corporation commits to its value chain to ensure it reaches its set goals, meet current and future needs of customers and maximizes returns, income growth and capital appreciation for shareholders who purchase shares with it.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SHARP
Sharp Corporation’s shares trade on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE/TYO) under the stock symbol TYO6753. Taisei Corporation lists in the Business Sector: Electronics.
For the second quarter of the 2019 financial year, the company reports net sales of 605.6 billion yen, outperforming the same period the previous year. Operating profit is 22.3 billion-yen, ordinary profit 19.1 billion yen, and profit attributable to owners of parent 14.8 billion yen.
- Due to Sharp Corporation’s continued performance on this market, shareholders can buy or sell shares with confidence and expect sound dividends and returns during 2020 and in future.
LATEST NEWS SHARP
Buy SHARP stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SHARP Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SHARP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SHARP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SHARP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SHARP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SHARP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?