SHOPRITE (SHP) Shares
📊 Shoprite Holdings Limited, a consumer goods investment holding company, is headquartered in the Western Cape of South Africa.
📊 The holding company’s subsidiaries combined constitute the biggest fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) retail operation in Africa. The group operates 1 751 corporate and 360 franchise outlets in 15 countries across Africa and the Indian Ocean Islands. Shoprite has a proud history of providing quality foods and household goods at the most affordable prices, which attracts consumers from all income levels.
📊 Shoprite Holdings Limited trades on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) in the “food retailers & wholesalers” sector under the stock symbol “SHP”. The company also have secondary listings on the Namibian and Zambian stock exchanges. The company’s shares are of the most popular to buy on the JSE as Shoprite enjoys a market capitalization of R311 billion.
📊 Shoprite Holdings Limited became part of the JSE Top 40 index in 2008. The solid performance of the company’s shares in the market has cemented the group’s position as a blue-chip stock to purchase. The company records a huge annual turnover of more than R120 billion annually. Shareholders can therefore buy or sell company shares in the expectation of sound dividends and returns.
📊 Shoprite Holdings Limited’s major shareholders are CH Wiese, Government Employees Fund and Shoprite Checkers.
You might also like: SASOL SHARES
VISION & VALUES OF SHOPRITE
- The company’s South African supermarket division generates just over 83% of its total trading profit. Today, it still dominates S.A.’s food retailing market in terms of trading area, number of outlets and customer support. The brand is renowned and appreciated for its affordability and therefore enjoys mass market appeal. Its customer base also mirrors the demographic profile of the country.
- Approximately 28 million customers shop at the group’s outlets every month.
- By catering for all income markets the company has been able to continuously stimulate growth and add value for its shareholders. Sound business practices have led to the group becoming the 107th largest retailer in the world, 41 positions ahead of its nearest rival in Africa.
- Despite tough market conditions and local and global economic crises, the company has still managed to increase sales by 11.2% in 2015 which also constitutes an increased market share for the ninth consecutive year. It managed to contain internal food inflation at 4.6% which majorly contributed to its maintained profitability. These successes bode well for investors as they regard the company’s stock as lucrative opportunities to grow wealth.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SHOPRITE
- Shoprite Holdings Limited continuous to expand its operations in South Africa by opening new stores in areas in which it has not previously been operational. This move addresses the needs of the country’s growing population and stimulates growth.
- It has also been enlarging its employment base, which is another indication a healthy company able to weather negative financial forecasts and maintain share price and dividends.
- Online stock charts reflect a stable Shoprite share price which has been maintained over the past five years. The group is expected to continue its growth and keep its status as Africa’s biggest retail chain. Company shares are expected to yield satisfactory dividends and long-term returns on investment.
You might also like: SAPPI SHARES
Buy SHOPRITE stocks / shares – 📈 A Step by Step Guide how to Buy / Purchase SHOPRITE Stocks or Shares online.
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SHOPRITE Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SHOPRITE STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SHOPRITE STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SHOPRITE stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SHOPRITE stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SANTAM SHARES