SIMON PROPERTY GROUP (SPG) Stocks
ABOUT SIMON PROPERTY GROUP
📊 Simon Property Group, Inc., a commercial real-estate company, was founded in 1993 and has its headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, in the United States.
The company was formed when the majority of shopping-centre interests of Melvin Simon & Associates became a publicly-traded company. This company, owned by brothers Melvin and Herbert Simon, was founded in 1960, and was one of the leading shopping-centre developers in the U.S. at the time.
📊 Simon Property Group, Inc. is a self-managed real-estate investment trust (REIT) that purchases, develops and manages retail real-estate properties. It is the biggest REIT and largest shopping-mall operator in the U.S. The company’s real-estate properties comprise malls, Premium Outlets and The Mills.
📊 The company’s partnership subsidiary, Simon Property Group, L.P., owns all of its real-estate properties and other assets. It owns or holds interest in about 206 income-generating properties in the U.S., comprising of 108 malls, 67 Premium Outlets, 14 Mills, four lifestyle centres and about 13 other retail properties in 37 states and Puerto Rico. It is also busy with redevelopment and expansion projects at 27 properties in the U.S.
📊 The company also has ownership interests in Premium Outlets in Japan, Korea, Canada, Mexico and Malaysia, as well as in Designer Outlet properties in Europe and Canada. Simon Property group also owns a 20.3% equity stake in Klepierre, a real-estate company that owns – or has interest in – shopping centres in 16 European countries. Today, the company employs more than 4 000 people across its various operations.
You might also like: SHERWIN-WILLIAMS STOCKS
OVERVIEW OF SIMON PROPERTY GROUP
- Simon Property Group, Inc.’s properties comprise an aggregate of about 182.3 million square feet of gross leasable area (GLA).
- Its malls all contain a traditional department store anchor, or a combination of anchors and big box retailers, with a number of smaller stores connecting the anchors. Most of these malls are enclosed centres, ranging in size form 260, 000 to 2.7 million square feet of GLA. Together, these malls have more than 13, 600 occupied stores of which about 500 are national or international retail anchors.
- Premium Outlets comprise of a variety of designer and manufacturer stores in open-air centres. These stores range in size from 150,000- to 890,000 square feet of GLA. Premium Outlets are located near large metropolitan areas and/or tourist destinations. These outlets contain a combination of traditional mall-, outlet centre-, and big box retailers, and also have entertainment facilities.
- The company owns more than 134 properties and controls about 10 properties in which it has a joint-venture interest. It manages all its international properties locally through joint ventures.
VALUES OF SIMON PROPERTY GROUP
- The Simon Property Group Company culture is driven by a passion for excellence and innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards vision and hard work.
- The company acts with integrity, embraces innovation and pursues excellence in all its activities. It values its workforce and offers its employees hands-on learning and further training opportunities.
- The company’s entrepreneurial spirit is defined by values such as integrity, trust, accountability, innovation and passion. The company is a responsible corporate citizen and contributes to the preservation of the environments in which it operates.
MARKET PERFORMANCE OF SIMON PROPERTY GROUP
- Simon Property Group, Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the stock symbol “SPG”.
- In 2018, the company’s net income, attributable to common stockholders, was US$2.437 billion, an increase of 26.1% per diluted share over the previous fiscal cycle. Simon also reported total revenue of US$5.657.919 billion and gross profit of US$4.649.955 billion.
- These sound financials afford shareholders, who buy or sell company shares, the confidence to do so in the expectation of solid dividends and returns.
You might also like: SEMPARA ENERGY STOCKS
LATEST NEWS SIMON PROPERTY GROUP
Before buying any stock or share one has to consider a few factors.
STEP 1: PROPER RESEARCH IS ESSENTIAL
Upon deciding you want to buy SIMON PROPERTY GROUP Stocks / Shares, it is critical for the serious investor to do proper research into the said company. Its values should align with those of the investor’s current portfolio. An investor needs to familiarise himself with the basics and history of the company, as well as its leadership and performance in the market. Its company reports should also be scrutinized.
Consultation with a brokerage firm can also assist in determining whether investing in a specific company will complement the investor’s current portfolio. The investment “risk ladder”, which identifies asset classes based on their relative riskiness, is another useful tool when determining which company’s stock / share is the best to buy.
STEP 2: CALCULATE THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN SIMON PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
It is important for an investor to monitor his total investment in stock in order to keep his portfolio aligned to his investment strategy. The overall value of his holdings will change with the fluctuation in stock prices, which can throw his portfolio off balance. To determine the amount to invest, multiply the number of shares of each stock by its current market price to determine the total investment in that specific stock. For example, if you own 100 shares of a $5 stock, multiply 100 by $5 to get $500.
STEP 3: DECIDE ON THE STOCK / SHARE ORDER TYPE
Investors can choose from a market order, a limit order, a stop order (also referred to as a stop-loss order) or a buy/sell stop order. It is important to familiarise yourself with each type’s pros and cons before deciding which one will suit your current stock profile best. An investor should be guided in this choice by his investment objective.
STEP 4: OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
A brokerage account – also known as taxable investment account – is similar to a retirement account, but more flexible. Where a retirement account has limitations on the amount of money that can be contributed annually, and restrictions on when funds can be withdrawn, a brokerage account is more flexible. The latter has no income or contribution limit and the investor can withdraw his money at any given time. This flexibility, together with its potential investment gains, makes a brokerage account more attractive to serious investors. Brokerage accounts are ideal for goals or savings that are further than five years away, but closer than retirement. It can also supplement an investor’s emergency savings.
STEP 5: COMMIT AND PURCHASE SIMON PROPERTY GROUP STOCKS / SHARES
Lastly, commit to the stock. Pro Tip: Monitor the value of your stock to ensure you have a growing stock value and dividend pay-out. Regularly check the share price online to ensure your investment delivers a positive return on investment. You are now a proud owner of SIMON PROPERTY GROUP stocks / shares.
5 Questions to ask yourself before purchasing any stocks or shares.
- Is it the best time to buy this stock / share?
- Should I buy SIMON PROPERTY GROUP stocks / shares in the current economic climate?
- Can I afford to buy this stock / share?
- What is the forecast of the stock / share growth?
- What is the current price per earning ration on the stock / share?
Read more about : SCHLUMBERGER NV STOCKS